Official GIGABYTE Forum

GTX 1070 G1 gaming card fan issue

GTX 1070 G1 gaming card fan issue
« on: May 18, 2017, 11:06:07 am »
I bought my card in January and its been working fine up until the last 3 weeks. Periodically on startup one of my fans would go to (what sounds like) 100% while the other 2 dont move and the 'fan stop' light is on. Eventually it would stop and wouldn't happen again while the computer was running, not even while running games.

Now though it seems to happen on every startup. I downloaded MSI afterburner and when I start the PC and the fan goes crazy I start afterburner but there is nothing there. Then I manually take control of the fan speed and the other 2 fans start, the 'fan stop' light turns off and the graph shows activity. When I change it back to auto the 2 other fans stop, the 'fan stop' light turns on and the graph goes back to no activity ALTHOUGH the other fan is still going at 100%. Then after a while it just stops.

I have a Gigabyte GA-X99-Phoenix SLI Motherboard and the bios version is: X99-Phoenix SLI F4.

Does anyone have any ideas to what could be causing this and how to fix it. It has been working fine for 4 months.

danielmt

Re: GTX 1070 G1 gaming card fan issue
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 04:53:31 pm »
Hi.

I have the same card and the same problem since day one of the release of this card.
I tryied to send a ticket to Gigabyte support twice and they tell me nothing of usefull about this issue. I'm from Brazil.
But my VGA works great dispite of this particular fan issue. Nothing on the Gigabyte Xtreme Software helps to change this f***ing behavior.
I heard that this is normal. The fans can work individual if one sector of the card is hotter than others. I dont be sure about that...
Try contact Gigabyte from your country and if they tell you a solution, please reply in this topic.

Re: GTX 1070 G1 gaming card fan issue
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 02:32:32 am »
We are claiming warranty for this and returning to seller