Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z270M-D3H BIOS F6 Problems All Around

Pol

Z270M-D3H BIOS F6 Problems All Around
« on: May 26, 2017, 07:13:10 pm »
I have used Z270M-D3H for a few months using the F2 Bios it originally came with and everything worked flawlessly. I wanted to try Intel Optane memory and it said I needed Bios F6. After successful flash, I have been having nothing but problems. I get extremely bad stuttering in games that makes playing impossible. Goes from 200 fps to 30 at random. I can't use Intel XMP Profile 1 because every single restart will cause the PC to shut off then come back on. If I set the RAM timings manually, I still get the terrible stuttering. If I use stock RAM timings I also still get the stuttering. The big problem is that I cannot use Q-Flash to put back F2 Bios so my motherboard is all but useless now.

My Bus speed never at 100% anymore. It always showing -0.3% in OCCT. Here is picture when I run Prime 95.

Is there any way to put back F2 bios? I really don't want to have to send my motherboard in for warranty when it worked perfectly before.

PC:
Core i3-7350k
Z270M-D3H
Patriot Viper 4 Series (2x4GB) 3400MHz
GTX 1050 Ti

Thank you for help.

Rapkix

Re: Z270M-D3H BIOS F6 Problems All Around
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 07:59:41 pm »
Hello. I think we are on same boat. If you can see other topics in these forum, you can see there is same problem also on other motherboards like you described in this post. I´ve got also problems exactly like you. After restart -> shut down for 2-3 secs, then again boot-up and continue working. We are all waiting for new BIOS update. ( I have Z270-HD3P, other have Z270-Gaming series boards and same problem). Problem is trigged / related to BIOS. Try to make ticket for gigabyte support and show them link to your post here.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 08:00:19 pm by Rapkix »