Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-AX370-Gaming 5: SIV fan issues

GA-AX370-Gaming 5: SIV fan issues
« on: June 14, 2017, 12:43:58 pm »
Motherboard: GA-AX370-Gaming 5
BIOS: F5
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance PC4-19200 (2400) 16-16-16-39

I have five fans installed, one on the CPU cooler, and four case fans plugged into SYS_FAN1/2/3/4.

SYS_FAN1 & SYS_FAN2 are PWM fans and have no issues.

SYS_FAN3 & SYS_FAN4 are DC fans and do have issues, but only when SIV is installed.

With SIV installed (it has since been uninstalled), it fails to detect the fan plugged into SYS_FAN4.  Even though the fan spins up when the PC is turned on, it ceases to spin shortly after logging into Windows 10.  When looking at the fan details in SIV, it simply states that no fan is connected to SYS_FAN4.  It also states that SYS_FAN3 is locked at 100% and I'm unable to alter the speed based on temperature.

I went into the BIOS (after updating it to F5) and set 'Fan Control Mode' on SYS_FAN3 and SYS_FAN4 from 'Auto' to 'Voltage'.  I then booted up Windows again and, like before, SYS_FAN3 continued to run at 100% with no ability to alter the speed and SYS_FAN4 was still undetected, thus spun down.

Even clicking the 'Calibrate' button in SIV failed to detect SYS_FAN4.

Having Google'd the issue, I can't find any people having the same issue.  A few people have complained about not being able to control their fans at all on the Gaming 5.  And a lot of people have said to steer clear of SIV.  But I'd really like to have some control of my fans without having to restart my PC as I often leave it on overnight to download stuff (slow internet sucks), which means turning the fan speed down so as not to keep me up all night.

fxv300

• fxv300
Re: GA-AX370-Gaming 5: SIV fan issues
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 10:03:23 pm »

I have five fans installed, one on the CPU cooler, and four case fans plugged into SYS_FAN1/2/3/4.

SYS_FAN3 & SYS_FAN4 are DC fans and do have issues, but only when SIV is installed.

With SIV installed (it has since been uninstalled), it fails to detect the fan plugged into SYS_FAN4.  Even though the fan spins up when the PC is turned on, it ceases to spin shortly after logging into Windows 10.  When looking at the fan details in SIV, it simply states that no fan is connected to SYS_FAN4.  It also states that SYS_FAN3 is locked at 100% and I'm unable to alter the speed based on temperature.

I went into the BIOS (after updating it to F5) and set 'Fan Control Mode' on SYS_FAN3 and SYS_FAN4 from 'Auto' to 'Voltage'.  I then booted up Windows again and, like before, SYS_FAN3 continued to run at 100% with no ability to alter the speed and SYS_FAN4 was still undetected, thus spun down.

Having Google'd the issue, I can't find any people having the same issue.  A few people have complained about not being able to control their fans at all on the Gaming 5.  And a lot of people have said to steer clear of SIV.  But I'd really like to have some control of my fans without having to restart my PC as I often leave it on overnight to download stuff (slow internet sucks), which means turning the fan speed down so as not to keep me up all night.

Start off by checking all fans in the BIOS
I am on BIOS F6G now and both BIOS and SIV control SMART FAN
I did a quick video yesterday
https://youtu.be/kgeId_4nc1o
Auros Gaming 5
RyZen 1700x
32G DDR4 3200 CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
Silent Loop 280mm Liquid Cooler
Corsair 330R case
850watt PSU

yogS

Re: GA-AX370-Gaming 5: SIV fan issues
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 05:30:05 pm »

Go to SIV click and fan settings. You can control the fan and temperature sensor settings for all fans attached to the mobo. All you need to do is to click on the fan thats stopped. And then you will get another window to select the fan location and temp sensor location. Try changing the temp sensor location and your fans should start.