Official GIGABYTE Forum

GTX 970 G1 Gaming GFX card defective after 1 1/2 year

GTX 970 G1 Gaming GFX card defective after 1 1/2 year
« on: June 02, 2017, 06:16:19 pm »
I've had this gfx card for more than a year now and it has performed spectacularly, at least until 2 days ago, when it stopped sending signals to any attached monitor. I've tried every possible BIOS configuration (both EFI and legacy), tried installing it on 3 different PCs, with no results, and have noticed that the device manager inside Windows 10 detects it perfectly, but no signal is sent to the monitor. I've tried to use all different ports, with no success so far.
I asked my purchase dealer if I could claim RMA with them, but they told me to file an RMA ticket within Gigabyte's site, since they do not offer warranty returns on their own.
Can I hope that the RMA claim will go through soon, or do I need to purchase a different card? I'm asking because I need the graphics card for my job (3d animator).

Re: GTX 970 G1 Gaming GFX card defective after 1 1/2 year
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 10:23:49 am »
I've had this gfx card for more than a year now and it has performed spectacularly, at least until 2 days ago, when it stopped sending signals to any attached monitor. I've tried every possible BIOS configuration (both EFI and legacy), tried installing it on 3 different PCs, with no results, and have noticed that the device manager inside Windows 10 detects it perfectly, but no signal is sent to the monitor. I've tried to use all different ports, with no success so far.
I asked my purchase dealer if I could claim RMA with them, but they told me to file an RMA ticket within Gigabyte's site, since they do not offer warranty returns on their own.
Can I hope that the RMA claim will go through soon, or do I need to purchase a different card? I'm asking because I need the graphics card for my job (3d animator).

Definitely a card failure, you have proven that by putting it into other PCs. Sorry, you received a bad one, hopefully, Gigabyte can replace it quickly for your job. I dont know what their RMA policy is but I know a few other manufacturers have a quick RMA option where you use a debit/credit card to put down a small deposit and they send you a replacement immediately and then assess the card rather than assess the card then issue a replacement. Worth asking.

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 10:46:40 am »
I've tried to open an RMA ticket, but there is no option to register an account for a Greek customer, and the RMA site itself is a mess. I've been trying since 2 days ago, with no luck.

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 11:00:27 am »
I tried the RMA section on the Greece location but unfortunately, I don't speak Greek. Sorry. I would call them if that is an option. Have you tried via this http://ggcs.gigabyte.com/GIGABYTE-RMA-Login-User.aspx ?

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 03:24:31 pm »
Yep, and the problem is that it just redirects me to the US account creation, where the only 2 countries I can choose from are USA and Canada.

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 03:35:48 pm »
Try with this http://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Technical-Support and select Greece and see if you can get a support ticket raised.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 04:59:19 pm »
Already did, 1 week ago. Still no answer.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 06:43:17 pm »
Call up another country such as USA/UK and tell them your problem, they might be able to help you. Use google talk, etc as their international rates are very reasonable.