Official GIGABYTE Forum

MY GA-AX370-GAMING K5 ISN'T POWERING ON?!

GOMLVL

MY GA-AX370-GAMING K5 ISN'T POWERING ON?!
« on: June 10, 2017, 01:15:04 am »
My motherboard doesn't turn on when connected to my PSU. I've tested my PSU after this problem occurred and it works perfectly fine with other motherboards. Whilst the K5 is connected to the PSU nothing turns on. Not even the PSU. I've also tried re-seating the CPU and removing RAM but there's still no change. I've also tried this both in my case and also resting on top of the box it arrived in.

Build:

CPU: AMD R7 1800X
MOTHERBOARD: GA-AX370-GAMING K5
RAM: 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200Mhz DDR4
PSU: 750w FSP Group - Model Number: FSP750-50ERN (80PLUS SILVER)
HDD:1TB WD GREEN
SSD: 240GB Kingston
GPU: 980TI EVGA

BoNfiRe

Re: MY GA-AX370-GAMING K5 ISN'T POWERING ON?!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 01:37:34 pm »
Is this a new build or a working build that just stopped working? Also, have you tried switching BIOS to see if the issue is still there?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 01:38:52 pm by BoNfiRe »

GOMLVL

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 06:04:48 pm »
New build and yes I've tried that. It just seems like I've acquired a dead motherboard.

BoNfiRe

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 01:32:42 am »
Very possible, as it's not even powering anything. Just make sure the 24 pin is fully inserted. Can be stiff at times.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 08:33:31 am »
As BoNfiRe has stated, make sure that the 24 pin power connector is properly seated in the socket. Also make sure that the 8 pin connector is also fully home in its socket (this has caught me out before). If your GPU needs power from a lead, make sure that that is also attached correctly.

Remove all connected drives from the motherboard and also, in the first phase of troubleshooting, remove ALL USB devices, including keyboard and mouse.

If you are testing the motherboard outside of the PC Case, make sure that it is sitting on a cardboard box, or similar. Do not have it seated on the anti-static bag that the motherboard comes in.

Use the buttons on the motherboard for powering on/off. Do not attach any of the headers from the PC case.

If, after trying these steps, you still do not get the motherboard to power up, then sadly it will probably be time to RMA components, unless you have access to other bits that you can test with.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.