Official GIGABYTE Forum

X99 ud4 woes

Genesis1

X99 ud4 woes
« on: June 28, 2017, 09:08:02 am »
So....after working for a year with intermittent silly problems like not liking a USB plugged in on boot or a random bios message stating something not configured correctly and not booting and having to load the same profile in bios to correct it, it has been working without problem for a year. Now come the latest problem. 2 weeks ago after using it no the morning and powering down as normal, I return to use it in he afternoon to find no power completely dead. Not even a light on the graphics card. Tested everything and tried power again and the graphics cad like would blink on and off very fast. After much cursing and checking, I removed the battery and reset CMOS and replaced the battery with a new one. All was cured....until yesterday when it was totally dead again and had to go through the same thing again to get any life form it. Do I have a faulty bios chip?

Genesis1

Re: X99 ud4 woes
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 04:18:39 pm »
Obviously no one has any answers or ideas then  ::)

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 09:16:57 am »
Obviously no one has any answers or ideas then  ::)
my suggestion is download the latest bios and flash it - you can do it from windows using the gigabyte utilities if you can boot otherwise use the qflash procedure on a fat32 formatted usb drive

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 12:19:42 pm »
Mu suggestion is to grab a second hand Asus board, from eBay or Amazon, leaving Gigabyte behind. Life's too short to have issues with stuff like this.