Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-AX370-Gaming K5 VID voltage 1.55v?

GA-AX370-Gaming K5 VID voltage 1.55v?
« on: June 29, 2017, 11:10:04 pm »
Hi there.

I have recently purchased the GA-AX370-Gaming K5 motherboard along with ryzen 1700x processor. I have found when I try to overclock it I get strange readings

I have set the vcore voltage to just under 1.3v for a 3.8Ghz overclock. In the bios and other software it seems ok but in hwmonitor it is showing a vid to be 1.55v?

Is this going to damage my processor?

In order to do the overclock I multiplier to 100Mhz, set the vcore to -0.048v and set the core to 38.
I turned off the amd cool and quiet and the usual things. On my last mobo I just directly inputted the voltage and it was fine. This is a ball ache to be honest.

Any help or suggestions would be appricated

Re: GA-AX370-Gaming K5 VID voltage 1.55v?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 01:02:07 pm »
Hi there.

I have recently purchased the GA-AX370-Gaming K5 motherboard along with ryzen 1700x processor. I have found when I try to overclock it I get strange readings

I have set the vcore voltage to just under 1.3v for a 3.8Ghz overclock. In the bios and other software it seems ok but in hwmonitor it is showing a vid to be 1.55v?

Is this going to damage my processor?

In order to do the overclock I multiplier to 100Mhz, set the vcore to -0.048v and set the core to 38.
I turned off the amd cool and quiet and the usual things. On my last mobo I just directly inputted the voltage and it was fine. This is a ball ache to be honest.

Any help or suggestions would be appricated
Hi that software is not reliable for Ryzen try Hwinfo or cpuz.