Official GIGABYTE Forum

Static Noise from headphone jack on GA-Z270X-Gaming 7

Static Noise from headphone jack on GA-Z270X-Gaming 7
« on: July 05, 2017, 10:19:10 am »
Hi!

I have a problem with my new mobo that when I install the drivers for the creative sound card, I start hearing static noise from the headphone jack. This noise can't be heard from the normal "speakers" jack. However, both jack produces slight crackling in the sound. Also, when I turn off the computer, a loud "POP!" can be heard which is almost ear-destroying.

Does anyone know the cause of this and how one can solve it or is it just a lost cause?

Thanks!

//RealityBoost

JA

• Gigabyte AX370-GAMING 5, Bios F6
Re: Static Noise from headphone jack on GA-Z270X-Gaming 7
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 08:34:38 pm »
As for the headphones I would check your drivers set the gain to normal to avoid damage:

The buzzing and pop sound like a classic case of audio interference from a video card, do you notice the problems getting worse when gaming under a high fps when Vsync is turned off?

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 09:16:58 pm »
As for the headphones I would check your drivers set the gain to normal to avoid damage:

The buzzing and pop sound like a classic case of audio interference from a video card, do you notice the problems getting worse when gaming under a high fps when Vsync is turned off?

That's strange, I don't have those two settings. I checked the bios switch and it seems to be on the "normal" 2.5x audio gain, so I believe it should be the same?

I shall try to play a bit of Battlegrounds and see if it causes the issue that you are refering to.

EDIT: You are definitely right. It became worse as soon as I started Battlegrounds. Any way to fix this?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:21:01 pm by RealityBoost »

JA

• Gigabyte AX370-GAMING 5, Bios F6
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 11:37:41 pm »
Unfortunately it sounds like you'll be needing an internal or external sound card to fix the issue as the motherboard audio shielding isn't doing the job.

I'd recommend the "Asus Xonar DG" or "DGX" from Amazon, see how you like the sound and if its not up to snuff you can always easily return them. The cards are the same quality but use different sizes of PCI lanes, they also have a connection for your front panel audio to plug into which I highly suggest to use.

Got a few friends using those cards and they do the trick every time.

(If you'd like something a bit fancier the "Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1" or "Asus Xonar U7" are really nice external USB cards that offer nice source switching)