Official GIGABYTE Forum

Distorted audio. How do I RMA in the UK?

Distorted audio. How do I RMA in the UK?
« on: September 24, 2017, 11:18:50 pm »

I bought a Gigabyte GA-Z170x-UD5 TH motherboard last year and tonight the audio has became badly distorted.  I have tried many fixes such as checking drivers, replacing leads and even changing speakers and audio system.  I have noticed that when i connect headphones to the front port of the case the audio is fine.  This leads me to believe its the actual green audio output of the motherboard.

I have looked up warranty on the UK Gigabyte site but it says to return to the place I bought it.  I have looked at my order and it says it is now out of warranty.  This can't be right as I only bought it last year.

How can I RMA it with Gigabyte?



  • *
  • 5815
  • 529
  • Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Distorted audio. How do I RMA in the UK?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 05:21:29 am »
Hi there,

You need to RMA the motherboard through the place of purchase, if you are in the UK.

If I remember correctly the motherboard has a 3 year warranty from date of manufacture and the seller is obliged to process any claim, during this period. If, however, the motherboard is not found to have a fault, you may have to pay a handling/postage charge.

I work in retail (not for Gigabyte) and am amazed at how many sellers try to avoid their obligations, when it comes to warranty, despite the laws that are applicable.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.