Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Q67M-D2H-B3 + i5-2500 + GTX 960 BIOS Problem

bond

GA-Q67M-D2H-B3 + i5-2500 + GTX 960 BIOS Problem
« on: July 12, 2017, 01:11:27 am »
Dear Gigabyte support crew and forum members,

I have the GA-Q67M-D2H-B3 motherboard with latest F7 BIOS, CPU i5 2500, nVIDIA GTX 960 GPU installed.

Now whenever I set the primary graphics device in BIOS to IGD (yes, i want this) and i have the gtx 960 installed, i only get a display signal on the nvidia card.

even a cmos reset didnt work out.

also, after installing the gtx 960 I cannot access the BIOS anymore, the bios recognizes the F2 button press, says "entering setup", but it gets stuck with a blinkin cursor afterwards.

I need the CPU graphics to be active to be able to pass through the gtx 960 to my virtual machine (using vt-d).

Genesis1

Re: GA-Q67M-D2H-B3 + i5-2500 + GTX 960 BIOS Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 01:53:54 pm »
If you want to use the internal Graphics I think you may have to pull the gpu card out. I don't think you can use both. Blinking cursor may be corrupt bios. I would pull out the 960 card, reset cmos, boot with on board graphics only and see if you get to bios screen. If so, you probably need to set primary display to your gpu to use the 960 and not on board graphics. Sounds like the 2 are conflicting. Others with same set up here maybe able to help better....but that's what I would do to get bios access again. Hope it may help.

bond

Re: GA-Q67M-D2H-B3 + i5-2500 + GTX 960 BIOS Problem
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 05:14:07 pm »
If you want to use the internal Graphics I think you may have to pull the gpu card out. I don't think you can use both. Blinking cursor may be corrupt bios. I would pull out the 960 card, reset cmos, boot with on board graphics only and see if you get to bios screen. If so, you probably need to set primary display to your gpu to use the 960 and not on board graphics. Sounds like the 2 are conflicting. Others with same set up here maybe able to help better....but that's what I would do to get bios access again. Hope it may help.

As I stated before I am able to access the BIOS, but only without the gtx960 being installed. As soon as I put it into the slot and reboot - hangs before entering BIOS setup, and monitor signal is only available via the Nvidia Card. I even set it to IGD only before and ran multiple BIOS configurations testing this while doing CMOS resets inbetween. I really hope to get this to work since on the software side it seems to get recognized by the Linux Kernel, i just cannot pass through the gtx960 as long as my Intel HD graphics is unavailable while the card ist präsent.