Official GIGABYTE Forum

890GPA-UD3H - no screen, cold boot

890GPA-UD3H - no screen, cold boot
« on: May 08, 2010, 04:21:25 pm »
Setup:
890GPA-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X4 965
2 x Kingston 2GB DDR3-1600 CL9 240 (4GB Kit) ( KHX1600C9D3K2/4G )
700W Arctic Cooling PSU

PROBLEM: Basically, when you press the power button, the system and CPU fans come on, the hard drives speed up and access a little, but there is no video output to the monitor at all from the default motherboard DVI output.

This is heartbreaking because I have absolutely no way of knowing what the problem could be.  :(

I have put in an ATI HD4850 to see if there is any output via a PCI card, but still no video output (and it's powered, fan spinning okay).

I have also disconnected the motherboard, taken the CMOS battery out for at least 2 minutes, put it back in and tried again, but still no output to the monitor.

Could it be the Kingston RAM? Having shelled out so much, I'm now reluctant to buy other RAM in case that's not the issue.

At my wits end and desperate for help. :(
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:11:47 pm by veryannoyed »

[Solved] Re: 890GPA-UD3H - no screen, cold boot
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 03:52:59 pm »
** EMBARRASSMENT **

Somehow, I managed to forget to lift the tiny CPU clamp and lock the CPU in properly.

So basically, there was no CPU being detected.

The motherboard is now working fine and I heartily recommend Gigabyte boards!  ;D

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: 890GPA-UD3H - no screen, cold boot
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 06:06:17 pm »
 :D ;D :D

We've all done something similar and those that deny it are liars!

ATB
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.