Official GIGABYTE Forum

Strange one here..Motherboard / Win 10 Updates

JRH

Strange one here..Motherboard / Win 10 Updates
« on: July 15, 2017, 10:53:12 am »
Hello as a newbie to this forum. I have a  H81M-DS2V Rev. 1 motherboard, since changing my pc, i have been unable to download win 10 1503 updates, the above motherboard is what i now have, bios flash available for my board for win 10 but i need to know if anybody has experienced difficulties with this motherboard and win 10 updates, odd i know, have been running the same disc on my last pc with no issues, tryed a previous build of win 10 (1407) with the same outcome, can't get updates, installing win 8.1 has no problems updating though, is there any way a bios update could fix this? i can't see the relationship between motherboard and op/sys updates though! can anybody shed some light on this? is it possable that an outdated bios could be responsible for not being able to download updates? i keep getting the same error message: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80240439) Any help would be gratefully recieved. Thanks Joe.

Re: Strange one here..Motherboard / Win 10 Updates
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 11:19:50 am »
I have had this too. Same board. I have to use Belarc Advisor to tell when updates are available/needed and install them manually. A question: how can I tell if my board is rev 1.0 or 2.0? Have I got to open the case and look at the board?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 11:21:07 am by contrex »