Official GIGABYTE Forum

Bug: EasyTune requests to update, ...

mhstar

Bug: EasyTune requests to update, ...
« on: July 16, 2017, 12:02:47 pm »
... even when updates are disabled.
Also your database field for thread titles are smaller than what it lets people enter.

As the title states, I have installed EasyTune so my fan doesn't run at 100% all the time. Since my system works perfectly, I have turned off updates on EasyTune. While I could say that I did it because I want it to keep doing its job exactly the way it's doing it right now, my motives do not matter: I specifically configured EasyTune telling it: do not update.

Yet, for two days, I get a modal prompt upon login, telling me that there's a new update, and if I want to update right now. There is no option to not update, if you cancel, you're slapped in the face with the same modal prompt once again on your next login.

I don't quite know what's so hard about "no" meaning "no", and "never" not meaning "maybe tomorrow" or "maybe in a weak", but rather "never" ever. In fact, I cannot think of a word that describes a negative response better than "No" and "Never" when it comes to checking for updates. If someone doesn't want tea, it means they don't want it - and if they tell you they never want tea with you, don't ask them every time you see them.

Matter of fact, even when I try updating, "GBUpdate" "stops working". I don't want some unstable junk on my disk - but rather the same program that has been working for two years without hiccup.

Please fix EasyTune so "never check for updates" means "never check for updates", so I don't have to fire up wireshark and then firewall the IPs you phone home to. We can work that tea thing out, I don't have to gag you so you stop asking, do I?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 12:09:58 pm by mhstar »

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Re: Bug: EasyTune requests to update, ...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 03:40:15 pm »
My advice..  if your AppCenter, Easy Tune, (other Gig Apps) etc are working, do not update.  My App Center prompts for upgrade each time I start it, but what I have is working perfectly.  No update = no headaches.

If you do want to upgrade the suite, uninstall everything, restart, then install App Center and those apps you wish to use.  Don't install over the top of the existing install. 
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW