Official GIGABYTE Forum

1090T on ga-790xta-ud4, wich bios to choose?

1090T on ga-790xta-ud4, wich bios to choose?
« on: July 26, 2017, 12:07:42 pm »
hello guys im upgrading my sistem with 1090T cpu coming from unlocked quad core b50 processor, i want to ask you if its better to keep the "stable" f3 bios wich im running right now or is better to switch to the "alpha" f4a version, anyone that is using or used this cpu or phenom x6 in general have suggestions?

p.s. im running a raid array of 2 hdd's, if i upgrade to f4a i will lose the raid?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: 1090T on ga-790xta-ud4, wich bios to choose?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 04:40:54 pm »
Hi there,

as the 1090T will run with the F3 BIOS, personally I would stick with that. I would only update to the F4a version if I found there were problems with the current BIOS.

That said, if you like to play around with the BIOS, you can always update to F4a then, if you find it has nothing new to offer, flash back to the F3.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 04:29:39 pm »
Hi there,

as the 1090T will run with the F3 BIOS, personally I would stick with that. I would only update to the F4a version if I found there were problems with the current BIOS.

That said, if you like to play around with the BIOS, you can always update to F4a then, if you find it has nothing new to offer, flash back to the F3.

Thank you, f4a i tried it one time and didnt saw nothing new in it. moving between versions wont affect my raid array?(the raid is with the marvel sata 3 controller)

i just want everithing to run smooth without problems, the only thing that i might do is disabling the turbo core and putting all cores to the max turbo frequency(i have really big cooler it wont be a thermal issue), but nothing more than that.

i will do every kind of test when i receive my cpu and update you.

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 04:48:29 pm »
If you update the BIOS to F4a then, if my memory serves me correctly, you will lose your RAID Array and have to start again.

In this situation I would just keep using the F3 BIOS.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 05:36:37 pm »
If you update the BIOS to F4a then, if my memory serves me correctly, you will lose your RAID Array and have to start again.

In this situation I would just keep using the F3 BIOS.

yes this is what i will do, i will update you when i have the cpu and do some testing.

what about the option for enabling or disabling turbo core? it will appear when i install the new cpu? or i just change the multiplayer and everithing goes automaticly?

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 06:27:34 am »
You may need to tweak the settings in BIOS manually, depending on what settings you have changed previously with your old CPU, to make sure that everything is running as it should.