Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 - No Video, post or keyboard light but fans working.

Hey guys, first of all, I've tried pretty much everything. I've ruled out memory, gpu, cpu, monitor and cable issues. I have removed and reinserted the cmos battery, held the power button for 1 minute. All fans work, I'm even getting hard drive noises. Yes, I have removed all expansion cards and dvd drive. They aren't the issue.
I've had this pc for a couple of years no problem. The PSU is fine aswell. I think the mobo is dead. The PC has remained unchanged for a long time, no voltage issue. The mouse lights are on, however the keyboard lights are not (tried multiple usb ports and it works on other pc). Went through several fourms, did everything, and still have the same problem, no video signal. Not really sure now, there is no beep either, so I may replace my mobo or seek professional help.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:38:35 pm by TypicalBrit1337 »
Specs-
Mobo - Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2
CPU - Amd A8-6600k
Gpu - Radeon 5770 Sapphire Edition
Ram - 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
Expansions - TP-Link 300mbps wireless n pci adapter

nielku

have you replace the motherboard?

I also have problems with my Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3.
My specs are:
Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3
Ryzen R7 1700
32gb Corsair Vengeance LP 3000(2x16GB kit)
Nvidia GTX750
OCZ Vertex3 120GB
Western Digital WDC WD10EADS 1TB
Ubuntu Linux 16.04.2, kernel 4.10.0-19

The system fails to boot sometimes. And when it fails it seems to be completely dead, no fan spin no LED, nothing. The only way I found to bring it back is to remove all power cables(MB and CPU 12v) and then the CMOS Battery and then short the battery terminals for a few moments. This way I can get back to bios, reload my settings and use the system.
The problem is so intermittent, it leaves me puzzled each time. It doesn't happen every day, in fact if I use it one day, shut it down, then it boots next day without a problem. It seems to only happen if I turn it on, use it a bit, shut it down and then try to power it on 4-6hours later(maybe it's a feature to only let you use it once a day.....)
At first I suspected the power supply so I replaced my old Tagan 430W with a new Seasonic m12-II 620W but the problem persisted. So it's not that....

I am very disappointed with this board since overclocking in my experience is almost impossible (memory is only stable at 2133, even though is rated at 3000, CPU OC heats the VRM too much for comfort etc.). I also wasn't able to boot the latest Ubuntu versions with the default kernel so I had to use 16.04 and configure my custom 4.10 kernel with disabled AMD GPIO pin control.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
The system fails to boot sometimes. And when it fails it seems to be completely dead, no fan spin no LED, nothing. The only way I found to bring it back is to remove all power cables(MB and CPU 12v) and then the CMOS Battery and then short the battery terminals for a few moments. This way I can get back to bios, reload my settings and use the system.

When this happens have you tried to just remove the power plug from the PSU and plug it back in. Do it with the power switch on too.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.