Official GIGABYTE Forum

Raise RAM for integrated videocard

rawbin

Raise RAM for integrated videocard
« on: August 16, 2017, 01:41:28 am »
Goodnight members,

Just a really short and simple question. If I run System Requirements Lab, it shows that there is only 64mb available for the videocard. Since I have 8gb of ram installed i want to dedicate more memory to my integrated videocard. I thought it woulf be able to adjust these settings in the BIOS, but I simply can't find it.

Gigabyte H61M-D2H-USB3
Intel Core i5-3470
Intel HD Graphics 2500

How Am I able to raise the amount of ram dedicated to the integrated video card.

Thank you in advance!

Re: Raise RAM for integrated videocard
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 04:41:16 pm »
Goodnight members,

Just a really short and simple question. If I run System Requirements Lab, it shows that there is only 64mb available for the videocard. Since I have 8gb of ram installed i want to dedicate more memory to my integrated videocard. I thought it woulf be able to adjust these settings in the BIOS, but I simply can't find it.

Gigabyte H61M-D2H-USB3
Intel Core i5-3470
Intel HD Graphics 2500

How Am I able to raise the amount of ram dedicated to the integrated video card.

Thank you in advance!

So your not using a dedicated GPU ? and you are using the integrated graphics on the CPU?...

If you are trying to dedicate more of your RAM to the integrated graphics than 64MB, then normally within the BIOS you should be able to find (maybe in the Advanced settings) the graphics section, If you see the 64MB within the BIOS, click that and it should show you other amounts you can assign to the graphics engine.

However,... I'm not familiar with that boards BIOS, so I may be incorrect,... on the other hand, the BIOS you have installed may not allow alterations, as I mentioned, I'm unfamiliar with that board and BIOS.
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]Sorry!
Intel - i7-6700K
Mobo - GA-Z170X-Gaming-7
GPU - Gigabyte Aorus 1080TI
Samsung - 2 X M.2 NvMe 250GB.
CASE - NZXT NOCTIS-450 Black.
COOLING - NZXT Kraken X62 AIO.
NZXT - Hue+
NZXT - Enclosed USB Hub
PSU - Leadex Gold 1000W PSU.
Corsair - 32GB Dominator.
Corsair - M65 Pro Mouse
Corsair - K70 Keyboard

TFisher

Re: Raise RAM for integrated videocard
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 02:07:33 am »
Under this section (2-5  Advanced Bios Features) of the motherboard manual it states,

On-Chip Frame Buffer Size. Frame buffer size is the total amount of system memory allocated solely for the onboard graphics controller. MS-DOS, for example, will use only this memory for display. Options are: 32MB+2MB for GTT ~ 480MB+2MB for GTT. (Default: 64MB+2MB for GTT)

I hope this helps.
Asus Z270 Prime A/i7- 6700k / Corsair H110/Samsung 850 Evo SSD 250gig/3x Seagate 1tb Storage/16 gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2800/Asus GTX 1070 8GB OC/Corsair AX 760i PSU/Logitech Z-5500 Sound/Win 10 x64 /Corsair 780T Case/48" Sony monitor/