Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-F2A68HM-DS2 new build,no sound

Jules

GA-F2A68HM-DS2 new build,no sound
« on: August 19, 2017, 11:28:51 am »
Hi all.
I've just finished building a computer for a friend and after getting it all together and working I find I have no sound. I've built computers before and never had this problem. It's got me stumped.I tried reinstalling the drivers,no luck. What else can I try? Before I go crazy please. Jules

GA-F2A68HM-DS2
AMD A6 7400K
4gb DDR3
WD Blue HDD 1tb

Re: GA-F2A68HM-DS2 new build,no sound
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 08:56:48 pm »
Hello,

The case you are using, does it have a front panel audio connector?
If you plugged this into the motherboard remove it and test again.

Also double check you didnt plug a USB header into the Audio connector socket?

In Windows do you actually see the sound options / driver appears to be working?
My PC is evolving

Jules

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 01:10:44 am »
I've unplugged the f panel audio connector, checked the usb, rechecked all the connections , moved ram to the other slot. According to windows the device is working correctly. I read another post with a similar problem and they discovered that 1 pin on the cpu was bent. Could this be the issue?

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 12:46:09 pm »
When you check the playback options, is the realtek audio device set to the default device?

And your speakers / headset, are they using 3.5mm jack plugs, into the green audio socket?
Green 3.5mm jack (headphone / left+right)
Pink 3.5mm jack (Mic)

Must not be using a combined Green+Pink jack like on some PS4 headsets.

Not sure about the CPU pin, the audio processing for the realtek device is done on the motherboard.
And for a pin to be bent on that CPU would imply a tight / uneven fit into the CPU socket.
Worth checking to be sure.

Does the Realtek control panel detect when you plug / unplug the jacks?

Running Windows 10 and is it a clean install performed on this motherboard?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:47:56 pm by ElectroStingz »
My PC is evolving

Jules

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 10:01:57 am »
The speakers are plugged into the green audio socket.The Realtek control panel detects them.

I checked the cpu and it is ok. Removed ram, swapped it to other slot, unplugged everything else that I could think of.

Am running Win 7 but I wouldn't have thought that was the problem. Have contacted the company I bought the MB from and are waiting to see if they have a solution.

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 11:53:13 am »
You image shows it is using the digital out as the default device, you need to change it to the headphones.
Right mouse on it, set as default.

Hopefully this solves it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 11:55:28 am by ElectroStingz »
My PC is evolving

Jules

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 10:33:18 am »
What a champion! Thank you so much. That did the trick! I had to do a bit of right clicking but eventually it worked.
I've never had that problem before and I've built a few computers. So thank you again, my hero.

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 12:30:04 pm »
 :) No problem.
My PC is evolving