Official GIGABYTE Forum

AB350M Gaming 3 BIOS F6 No signal

AB350M Gaming 3 BIOS F6 No signal
« on: August 26, 2017, 02:50:09 pm »
Hey, I just flashed BIOS F6 on AB350M, and I got my ram from 2666 to 3066 (3200 trident)

But the BIOS worked until I loaded "Optimized defaults", after I did that, I have nothing coming out of any of the ports of the card. (1080Ti Aorus xtreme)

What's really strange is that when I try to access the BIOS, the computer seems to freeze, numpad light doesn't toggle anymore. I hold "Del" while the pc beeps once (I have a mobo speaker) and the numpad doesn't toggle anymore. Then, pressing F10 right left enter does not reboot the computer, which indicates the BIOS is frozen.

Very strangely, my computer still loads windows fine, it runs and I can access it but without the screen. (with the narrator)

I tried to flash with EFIflash.exe, but it says "no 16 bit application support".
I'm currently searching how I could flash my BIOS within windows using whatever software there is. If there's another method please help. :(

BIOS was downloaded in this page https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350M-Gaming-3-rev-10#support-dl in F6 china server.
It was installed using @BIOS.

Re: AB350M Gaming 3 BIOS F6 No signal
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 04:29:11 pm »
I fixed the problem by shorting the 1st and 6th pin of the m_BIOS chip.

That successfully restored the BIOS to factory version (that is F3)

But F6 must be fixed, I'll make another post listing the issues I ran into.