Official GIGABYTE Forum

AM4 Motherboards with switch for dual bios

AM4 Motherboards with switch for dual bios
« on: August 29, 2017, 05:09:58 pm »
I am looking to purchase a Ryzen chip and motherboard and understand that some gigabyte boards have dual bios - I cant for the life of me find any info as to which, if any, have a physical switch that gets you out of trouble if the main bios becomes corrupt, freezes etc  - I would be grateful for any help!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 05:11:11 pm by blakemulder »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: AM4 Motherboards with switch for dual bios
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 05:57:55 pm »
Hi there,

it tends to be the higher end motherboards that have switches for the BIOS chips. I have the Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 which does have these switches. I also know that the GA-AX370-Gaming 5 has them too.

It would appear though that the X399 AORUS Gaming 7 doesn't have these switches.

What board are you looking at for your build?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 11:06:32 pm »
Ideally a micro ATX board so I can use an existing case, also looking to o'clock (hence easy bios recovery) so not the A320 - currently have intel i3 6100 with Asus board so Ryzen 1600 looks promising... *although my 6100 has better single core performance?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 07:26:59 am »
Here's a link to all of Gigabyte's current AM4 motherboards: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/AMD-Socket-AM4

Having had a quick look through, I can't find a Micro ATX board that has the BIOS switches.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.