Official GIGABYTE Forum

Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHZ - Solution

Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHZ - Solution
« on: August 30, 2017, 11:31:55 pm »
Right, this needs testing on a wider audience. Please report your results stating motherboard, CPU and confirming you are using the common CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 RAM kit from Corsair. So far, based on a small sample group, it seems successful on the Gaming 5 and the Gaming K7 motherboards but unfortunately it boots but is not stable on the Gaming 3 (so far, but do test as it has been a small sample group).

To test, you should not be overclocking anything. Keep all clocks and volts at default/auto.

Make sure you are running the latest but one firmware (do NOT run the August firmware for your motherboards as this is known to suddenly up the CPU voltage massively and destroy the CPU, God knows why it hasn't been taken down yet). The correct firmware to use for the Gaming 5 is F6, for the Gaming K7 is F4 and for the Gaming 3 is F7.

Select the RAM XMP profile.

For each channel (A and B) set the tRC value to 75.

Does it boot fine at 3200MHz?

If so, now set the tRC value to 56.

If it still boots fine, test your RAM. My Gaming 5 with an R1700X has done 2 hours of Prime 95 Blend Test and is stable. Others have confirmed this works for the Gaming K7 as well. If yours doesn't work, try raising the tRC value one at a time to see if it gets stable.

This tweak requires no voltage adjustments. Changing the tRC value from 54 to 56 will have no noticeable impact on speed, essentially you will be running with these sticks at XMP stock if this tweak works.

Please report your results, we need to feed them back to Gigabyte so they can get these very common RAM sticks booting to XMP out of the box.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 11:36:02 pm by AndyCalling »

3qualx

Re: Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHZ - Solution
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 03:23:59 pm »
It's work. Ty. ;)

Re: Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHZ - Solution
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 06:05:00 am »
Good afternoon

I am a user of a gax-370 k7 gigabyte plate with the corsair lpx memories at 3200 mhz and since version f4 the bios had no way to use the memories at 3200, as much at 2933.
I have followed the steps described here and with the CRTs at 75 the memory is shown stable and in accordance with the performance that should have. The problem is that I can not do OC or adjust the values of the FSB and CPU by hand as I would like.
I need to try to go down the CRT from 75 onwards to see that TRC are still stable and functional.
That yes, indicate that probe with the CRTs at 54 and 56 and at their manufacturer values (56) and does not start the pc.

Thanks for this mode