• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Re: GA-MA78GM-S2H hdmi to television problem
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 08:24:13 am »
Hi m00se

ok, thanks for your feedback.
sorry  :-[ that it could not be solved in the reasonable time for you

To All

1. if anybody has the same mobo and the other Full-HD TV pls tell me if it works in 1920*1080

2. if anybody has the same Toshiba TV (42XV555D model) and the other MB based on the same chipset (AMD 780G) and uses integrated  ATI Radeon HD 3200 vga the pls feedback to me if 1920*1080 works

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 08:32:04 am by runn3R »
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 10:11:47 pm »
Er well did no one read the CCC update release notes?

Known Issues Under the Windows Vista Operating System
- Catalyst Control Center: Setting some HDTV resolutions may fail to become active
- Interlaced modes might not be applied on HDTV supported DFP panels even when
forced via Catalyst Control Center
- Catalyst Control Center: Scaling option slider is inadvertently enabled when using a
non-HDTV resolution

There was a bug that was being sorted in CCC. It does work, but you need to do it a different way......... *face palm* I'm not a fan of Nvidia's ways outputting HDMI (mainly when sound is involved).

In other words Gigabyte have kept their promise, but the chipset that Gigabyte use have identified a problem seperate to Gigabyte that effects everyone using this version of drivers.

We use a Samsung TV but we force it manually.

~Bex
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:13:43 pm by Elemental_Dragon »

m00se

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 08:27:37 am »
@ Elemental_Dragon

I have tried different versions of the CCC, and also tried "forcing" the signal in different ways. It didn't work, so I don't get your point.

Anyway, today (I hope) my video card should finally arrive, but I will still test new CCC's of Bioses if they come out to test the HDMI of the motherboard.

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 04:11:03 pm »
I don't think you understand. It's a known problem with CCC at the moment, and has been for a while - NOT the motherboard BIOS (although it's always good to have the best known working BIOS).

I've quoted from the latest driver release notes. The only way you'll find if any don't have this issue is by reading them.

As I also stated AND quoted, forcing a resolution doesn't always work either. In our case it does but that doesn't mean it's gauranteed to work for you too.

I will state again, this is a CCC problem, not a Gigabyte problem. Reading the release notes for known problems as well as those resolved is the only way you'll know if a driver will be better or worse for you.

~Bex

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 11:07:59 pm »
I'm sorry, but it's not a Catalyst Driver problem. Just because the release notes mention a fix doesn't mean that it's for this exact problem. It has not worked with any BIOS on my board, or any set of drivers, including messing about with forcing resolutions and all sorts. I can't even get 800x600 via HDMI or DVI on my setup to the toshiba-tv, despite it being correctly identified as such by CCC.

I have the Toshiba 37XV555DB (I'll check that's correct this week, currently away) and the same motherboard, but rev 1.1. Same VGA BIOS I think though, don't think it was changed.

Why I really signed up to these forums (and I regret having to moan) is that I submitted a support request via the system in place now about this very issue almost 2 months ago. I have had no useful reply at all, just one message saying they were busy, and one to say it had been forwarded on to the relevant department. No word in quite a few weeks since then though.

Is there anyone I can talk to at GB about this problem? Someone who knows what they're talking about? I've always been a fan of GB products, I find the motherboard build quality to be much better and boards much more reliable than the competitor's. I've worked in PC repairs and I can directly say I see very few fail. I just feel a bit let down by the support system, I know it was better in the past. Perhaps there's an explanation, but it's certainly not forthcoming.

Hope someone reads this!

PS: I should also add, as a result of not getting any reply to my support queries (and the fact I can't wait to play some blu-rays!), I've ordered a Radeon 4350 to take control of the video output, and it can still carry audio over HDMI. I have not heard anyone having a problem with that card and my TV. In fact, this problem seems to be isolated to this motherboard as opposed to all 780G boards for some reason.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 11:11:30 pm by alexhull24 »

Pottypete

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 03:41:02 pm »
Hi,alexhull24,
This is a public gigabyte user forum, frequented by gigabyte uk staff,
You can contact tech services via the official gigabyte website here,
http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/
Cheers

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 04:48:19 pm »
This IS a public forum frequented by gigabyte staff, yes, I signed up to it.  ???

If you'd read all the post you'd see I've contacted the tech services twice with no luck, hence me posting here for a chat with anyone who might know something about a resolution for this problem.

I've already somewhat given up on a resolution to the problem since I have a new Radeon 4350 coming to replace the oboard gfx.

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 02:46:46 pm »
Hi alexhull24

I will ask our FAE to check what's going on with your problem. Sorry for the delay.
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

Kermit

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 04:39:31 pm »
Have the same mobo but V1.0. I'm using it at 1920 x 1080 into a 32" Sharp or 40" Samsung, with Win XP. I've installed quite a few CCC updates since I've had it, with very flakey results- the common one seems to be no HDMI output if the PC is booted with the TV off. This seemed to have been fixed three releases ago (I think- may have been earlier). The mose recent two seem to have a variant of it where there is no sound over HDMI if the PC is booted when the TV is off.
The other minor pain I found is the CCC scaling default was not '0 scaling' resulting in an inability to get 1:1 pixel mapping.

I appreciate that this doesn't match your exact problem of lower resolutions, but it can run at 1920 x 1080 into some TVs, at least. Are you able to try it on any other TVs?

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 11:33:17 am »
A late reply, I know.

Gigabyte eventually sent me a BIOS to test after 4 months of no contact, just took one moan. Not sure what was going on, but the support system was almost useless until then.

Unfortunately, the BIOS did not solve my problem.

I have tried other TVs, and they work OK, and gigabyte have now passed on the baton of blame to Toshiba, which would make sense. However, I have yet to find another machine/gfx card that doesn't work with my TV strangely. I think this must be a really specific case of incompatibility, and I'm unfortunate enough to own both pieces of hardware.

I have since bought a passive Radon 4350 with HDMI out to take the place of the onboard, and this totally solved the problem, though cost most of the price of the motherboard unfortunately.

If any GB employee reads this and thinks there is something else that can be done to help, I'd appreciate it, though it seems you have no further suggestions for me at this point. The board is great apart from this one niggle though, hence me trying so long to get it sorted.