Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gaming 5 will not post - Debug 90 / VGA Light On

Gaming 5 will not post - Debug 90 / VGA Light On
« on: September 05, 2017, 04:46:53 pm »
Hi. Need some help please.

Was in the Bios today, exited out and now cannot get anything to boot. On my X370 G5 it shows a debug code of 90 and has the Vga light on. I cannot get to bios or anything. Nothing shows on either screen connected. I have also tried 1 stick of ram in each slot and no joy. If I remove all RAM then it sticks on the CPU light, still unable to get to bios etc. Is it normal to stick on the CPU light if no RAM.

Any ideas I've tried everything.

A reset of the CMOS just put me back to the same issue.

Thank You. Mike.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 06:22:37 pm by mikefearn83 »

Re: Gaming 5 will not post - Debug 90 / VGA Light On
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 07:24:00 pm »
Hi. Need some help please.

Was in the Bios today, exited out and now cannot get anything to boot. On my X370 G5 it shows a debug code of 90 and has the Vga light on. I cannot get to bios or anything. Nothing shows on either screen connected. I have also tried 1 stick of ram in each slot and no joy. If I remove all RAM then it sticks on the CPU light, still unable to get to bios etc. Is it normal to stick on the CPU light if no RAM.

Any ideas I've tried everything.

A reset of the CMOS just put me back to the same issue.

Thank You. Mike.

Are you using a separate graphics card?
Reason I ask is recently when I upgraded my PC, with m/b AX370 K3 (I read has a graphics card). When I initially tested it, it post VGA LED steady using hdmi connector. Not sure what debug 90 is, but until I connected a separate video card and connected with that, I found my system worked.