Official GIGABYTE Forum

Botched bios update, need clarification and viable options - GA-B75M-D2V

exia

My motherboard is ga b75m d2v (no dual bios, i5 3570k (no oc) gskill sniper (profile 1 xmp). I try to update to f5 bios last night but during the update (halfway) the computer stuck and crashed (i think, it shutdown) and boots back to a black screen unusable keyboard and mouse. after every search of method i was unable to boot at all (tried the clear cmos jumper, remove battery, unplug cable, left for a long time) still the same result. could it be my board is dead? can i safely assume that and there's not other way to revive it except for physical bios chip reflash (or replacement)?

exia

Re: Botched bios update, need clarification and viable options - GA-B75M-D2V
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 09:27:41 am »
My motherboard is ga b75m d2v (no dual bios, i5 3570k (no oc) gskill sniper (profile 1 xmp). I try to update to f5 bios last night but during the update (halfway) the computer stuck and crashed (i think, it shutdown) and boots back to a black screen unusable keyboard and mouse. after every search of method i was unable to boot at all (tried the clear cmos jumper, remove battery, unplug cable, left for a long time) still the same result. could it be my board is dead? can i safely assume that and there's not other way to revive it except for physical bios chip reflash (or replacement)?

ok i've reached a solution, sold everything and go team red (ryzen). pinning for asrock after this, can close this thread now lol