Official GIGABYTE Forum

AX370-gaming K3 display problems

AX370-gaming K3 display problems
« on: September 16, 2017, 11:35:47 pm »
Hello,
I recently bought a AX370 K3, with two Viper 16GB, A am4 ryzen, GTX1050, and a compatible power supply, When I every I turn it on, All the MOBO lights turn red, and stay red for the entire time. I have it connected to a TV, and will eventually plug it in to a real monitor. But I get no display at all, and I believe BIOS doesn't start. Any explanations?So Annoying

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: AX370-gaming K3 display problems
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 08:11:34 am »
What Ryzen CPU are you using?

Have you checked the settings on the TV Set are correct?

Do you have a motherboard speaker and if you do, are you getting any beeps?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: AX370-gaming K3 display problems
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 07:02:50 pm »
Hello,
I recently bought a AX370 K3, with two Viper 16GB, A am4 ryzen, GTX1050, and a compatible power supply, When I every I turn it on, All the MOBO lights turn red, and stay red for the entire time. I have it connected to a TV, and will eventually plug it in to a real monitor. But I get no display at all, and I believe BIOS doesn't start. Any explanations?So Annoying

Are you running Windows 10?
I recently upgraded to a GB AX370 Gaming K3 with a AMD Ryzen 1600, and a Gigabyte RX550. Until Thursday 14th Sept and the Windows Tuesday update patching, my machine failed to start as normal. I suspect the MS security Update KB4038788 may be the cause since I was working fine until after the update. My machine was booting up ok, but I was only getting a blank screen (CPU LED steady). And that's when I would reboot my machine. I've been using a HDMI connection to a Samsung TV monitor. The same thing also is happening with a DVI connection. My machine will post so the hardware appears to be fine.
The sequence is my machine will start, see a glimpse of the Windows logo, and then enter a blank screen. My monitor says no signal. I would get the CPU LED on steady on the mb.  After a long time of troubleshooting, I would suggest if  can get into Windows diagnostics, go into safe mode, check the event viewer to see if it reports any issues post start up. 
At the moment I'm getting around it by going into safe mode, go into settings, device manger and uninstall the display adapter. Reboot my machine. And then it boots into windows 10 ok. I've now also updated my display driver for the graphics card but still getting the blank screen (no signal) from the monitor.

At this stage I'm considering upgrading the m/b bios or graphics card bios to see if that will fix the issues.  I'm still on the default bios.  Maybe this will help you or someone else having the same issue for the moment - at least being able to load up Windows to work.