Official GIGABYTE Forum

Help - I am Beepless and can't do anything further (GA-F2A88XM-D3HP)

kaybee

Hi guys back again.

similar to my earlier thread which has disappeared  :-\.

M / Board             Giga GA-F2A88XM-D3HP
Graphics               Nvidia G710
RAM                     4 sticks 2 x 8Gb and 2 x 4Gb so 24Gb in all.

brief history : had same problem no power except to fans , no beep, no Bios , no boot , no display. Due to general factors and advice changed m/b to this. 

My Actions.

installed new board thought Yes I have it cracked. JOKE!!!!!! dam thing no change so did usual google.youtube search found many answers so picked one.

First maybee low power from psu so went from 500watt to 750 watt. installed and pc dead. co out with multimeter and a paperclip short blue to ground and voltages fine. Reconnected to M/B nothing. As it worked with papercvlip wondered it problem was on/off switch.Great  :D found the problem bad connection to m/b front panel fixed it tried again. This time lit up like xmas tree and all fans working but still nothing.
So
Remove all memory                    no change
Remove keyboard and mouse      no change
remove video                             no change

so should be like a claxon but no silent like the dead, still power to M/b but no beeps, no boot, no bios obviously no video.  :'( :'(

So the big question is where do I go from here ?

Will accept answers on forum or in sealed brown envelope so with everything crossed I await your ministrations

Keith

edit

Re motherboard speaker. Anyone know the operating voltage and where it comes from. e.g.I assume the grey or purple wire
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 06:02:35 pm by kaybee »

kaybee

Re: Help - I am Beepless and can't do anything further (GA-F2A88XM-D3HP)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 12:57:36 pm »
Quick update

ALWAYS CHECK THE BASICS FIRST    :-[ :-[ :-[

Got a replacement pc speaker and deafened. Only problem now is sorting out why I get a continuous beep. Thought it was memory problem but not with the 4 DDR3 I have. One was original so I know nothing wrong with that and the other three are new cards and compatible with original memory and motherboard. have tried 1 bank, second bank and two bank and all give same response.

refuse to give up though

Keith