Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-EP43-DS3L Frozen after CMOS clear. PS2 KB not responding. No BIOS access.

AlexC

Hi guys,

I've checked more than a hundred posts around looking for solution but no luck, so I've come to you for help:

Situation now:
After doing a CMOS clear, pc shows logo screen, then one beep, then stops at the CMOS error screen (attached), here I cannot select any option and also it has a countdown that also is not working, It's totally frozen there.

In the previous screen (logo screen), I have also tried to enter into the BIOS but not luck, POST does not respond to any key from the keyboard, del, F1, F12 etc..  Keyboard is connected via PS2, and blinks once during the POST, but no answer from the POST when I press any key.

What I have done:
I tried different power units,
Clear CMOS again while disconnected form power cable and pressing Power On button,
I disconnected everything from the MoBo, including RAM, take the battery out, isolate the MoBo, and let it overnight, next day, same result.
I notice It seems like it does not do the double booting in which it should load the backup BIOS or anything like that.

Why did I clear the CMOS?
My PC was randomly shutting down until It started doing it really often, reaching a point that it was not able to boot up anymore, you know tray to start and immediately goes off.
So, I changed the Power Source Unit (I borrowed two with same results) and this time It came "back to work", but was not able to really start up completely:
1) It was not recognizing the HDD anymore, so I just removed it and try to "boot" like that
  1.a) With no HDD or any CD or any flash drive, nothing at all, PC just kept frozen at the very first screen (Gigabyte logo).
  1.b) I tried with three different emergency CD's (Windows 7, 32 and 64 bits) I have and same result, frozen at the log.
  1.c) Put back the Hard disc, and again passed the POST and gave HDD error.
2) Due to this weird behaviour, I decided to clear the CMOS, and right after that, i got the problem described up above.
3) MoBo is in very good condition.

How can I make my PC not to be frozen at the attached screen? 
What else can I do? check?

any help will be much appreciated, This is the PC I use to work... Many thanks in advance.

I am out of ideas, What can I do?