Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z170XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) do not start after BIOS update (F22a) @BIOS

Hi,

I have update my BIOS with @BIOS and the F22a from www.gigabyte.com and my PC do not want to start. I see nothing on the screen.

I have removed GPU, left 1 ram only, removed every peripheral and nothing connected to anywhere else (no SATA, M.2, ...) Just CPU, and 1 module of RAM.

Using a monitor in the MB - HDMI or VDI nothing come out. Black screen. Only the CPU fan come on and the power LED lights on.

I have tried clearing the BIOS by removing the battery and waiting and by shorting the pins.

Still nothing.

This BIOS is soldered, so no possible to order another one.

Suggestions?

Re: GA-Z170XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) do not start after BIOS update (F22a) @BIOS
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 04:08:20 pm »
Hello,

See if you can boot from the second BIOS chip.

Recover from GIGABYTE Backup BIOS  (Only for motherboards with Dual BIOS technology)
https://www.gigabytenordic.com/gigabyte-tips-tricks-rma/
My PC is evolving

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 05:33:55 am »
Hi,

ElectroStingz thank you for your reply

I think method #2 works. As the PC started the bios appeared with the wrong time&date and BIOS ver. F22a (the one that I installed from Win10 using @BIOS

The behavior now is quite strange, let me explain.
Everything work normal; shutting down and starting; but if I disconnect the power (AC) and connect it back, as I press the power button, the led stripe in the MB do not light, but the cpu fan does and I get black screen.

I press power to shut down and again to start, and this time the led stripe in the mb lights up, but I still gets black screen. At this point I press reset button, the PC restart, led stripe is on and I get normal start of the PC.

From that point on, the PC shut down and start just normal. But if I remove the power, the same behavior appear again and again (no led stripe and no monitor signal, repeat, I get the led stripe on, reset and I get the screen back on and everything normal as long as I do not remove the power to the PSU).

I have checked the bios battery and is fine. Also the Bios do not loose the correct date and time during those (AC) events.

I am very puzzled with this behavior. Althought I am happy the PC is working.

Could it be that F22a was installed in the B-Bios and the M-Bios is corrupt? (So the first try I switch on the PC after power disconnection it tries to use M-Bios and as it fails it automatically switch to B-Bios where somehow F22a is installed?)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 05:37:31 am by Pablo_Sevilla »

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 12:42:54 pm »
Yes it could be trying to boot from the main bios each time.
Did the BIOS try to recover itself, backup BIOS flashed main BIOS?

If not try to re-flash the BIOS using the Q-Flash option within the BIOS, use F21.
My PC is evolving