Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte service ticket response time

Fraz

Gigabyte service ticket response time
« on: May 19, 2010, 05:02:40 pm »
Hi,

I am just wondering what the response time is on your service ticket system: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/ServiceCenter.aspx

Are we talking a 2-4 days or 7+ days here?  I posted up a message on 16th May, so 3 full working days have passed and the request remains unread (ticket ID 922088).  This seems like quite a long time to have zero response and no indication of how long it'll be to expect a response. I - like everyone, I guess - am rather eager to have my issue resolved. It appears that my GA-X58A-UD5 shipped with a BIOS too old to support an i7 980x.

So... I guess it'd be nice from a customer standpoint is there was some kind of indication within your ticket system of how big the support request queue is.  I.e. how many unanswered requests are there before mine, and how many requests you answer per day on average.

Thanks,

Fraz.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 02:40:20 pm by runn3R »

Fraz

Re: Gigabyte service ticket response time
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 05:10:40 pm »
Four working days and my support request remains unread. Nor do I have any idea of how long I'm expected to wait.  >:(
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 02:40:59 pm by runn3R »

Fraz

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 02:07:00 pm »
Finally had a reply.  :)

Gotta say, 4.5 days is kinda long...  especially if you need some back and forth with the tech support guys.  I don't want to wait nearly a week for every email reply.

Anyway, I'll stop talking to myself, as that is clearly what is happening in this thread.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 02:41:10 pm by runn3R »

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 02:43:21 pm »
Hi Fraz

What is acceptable time for you?
Thanks for your comments given so far.
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

Fraz

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 08:44:18 am »
Hi runn3R,

Certainly I think nearly a full working week is a bit on the long side, however it would have been more bearable if I could have had a rough indication of when my ticket would be answered.  Also, if the support request requires some back-and-forth messaging, at 4.5 days wait per response, this could really add up to a lot of time.

In the end I just bought a i7 920 and flashed the BIOS myself.  This did cure the problem I was having with the i7 980x.  However, this is far from an ideal solution from my perspective. But after waiting a week for a response, and probably another week for an RMA, coupled with the fact that I was going abroad for a week (and thus wouldn't be able to RMA straight away), it was certainly the quickest.

Thanks,

Fraz