GA-890GPA-UD3H can't install Xp ,vista or 7
« on: May 20, 2010, 03:48:16 am »
Hello guys, I need help whit my motherboard ,

this is my first time getting a Gigabyte motherboard ,

I have the GA-890GPA-UD3H Model .

a AMD 965 x4 Phenom II black edition ,

Ram Corsair XMS3 DDR3 mod # TW3X4G1333C9  like the one below
Code: [Select]

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4505190&csid=_21

and 2 sata HD GB gigas each one identical

the problem is the  can't install any operating system    XP, VISTA, or 7

the installation stops or freeze , and nothing happen , just still like that installing or formatting and never finishing ,

I try just whit one hard drive , y exchange HD . change optical drives , 

I disconnected USB , speakers  etc ..  and nothing change

I try using a RAID 3.0 or 3.1  or just regular installation and nothing

I don't know whats wrong ?

some friend say is the RAM .and I try using just One at time and replace one for other.. and  the same happen 

probably the ram is not compatible whit this Motherboard !

but before i want to now before expend another 100s for another RAM model 

Any Idea whats wrong ?  ???

many thanks  in advance

and I'm sorry for my bad English  ;D

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-890GPA-UD3H can't install Xp ,vista or 7
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 10:01:55 am »
Hi,

Although the problem could be due to the memory there are other factors that could also be causing this issue.

Can you post details of your PSU and also the make and model number of your Hard-drives? Sometimes, if your hard-drives are "Green" or Energy Saving" problems with the OS install can occur so if you are using this type of HDD this could be the problem.

I would advise starting off with only the bare minimum of components within the build. Check that you have mounted your motherboard properly and that you are not getting any electrical shorts. Install your DVD/CD drive, 1 HDD and 1 stick of RAM. Double check your Mobo revision number (1.0 or 2.0) then check that your BIOS is up to date (Even with new boards the BIOS can still be out of date).

In BIOS load Optimized Defaults then try to install OS again.

Hope this helps

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

bofh1971

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 11:07:17 pm »
you are not using a Blu-Ray drive are you?
reason being, some Blu Ray drives have taken an extra 20 mins to install the o/s
at the part where it is expanding files/copying files it just sits, there,
at first I thought the initial machine was broken, but after going to make a cuppa to end the rage :) I got back to the machine to find it had continued.

the only other time I saw a freezing mobo recently was an MSI with the 770 chipset, it just hated Crucial Value ram, but was happy with Crucial Ballistix (go figure)
(all the ram tested fine on the gigabyte board!!! :) )

anyway good luck
Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5 (forum prize)
Phenom IIx4 965BE, 8GB Corsair 1333 Ram
2x750gb HDD's Raid0, Palit Geforce GTX570
Windows 7 Ultimate, Acer 24" P256H Monitor, Razer Salmosa Mouse,
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keybaord

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 01:40:00 am »
you are not using a Blu-Ray drive are you?
reason being, some Blu Ray drives have taken an extra 20 mins to install the o/s
at the part where it is expanding files/copying files it just sits, there,
at first I thought the initial machine was broken, but after going to make a cuppa to end the rage :) I got back to the machine to find it had continued.

the only other time I saw a freezing mobo recently was an MSI with the 770 chipset, it just hated Crucial Value ram, but was happy with Crucial Ballistix (go figure)
(all the ram tested fine on the gigabyte board!!! :) )

anyway good luck

No , is just a regular CD Room  and I try whit others optical drives like DVD-RW,  I change 3 times and all tested over other machine

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 01:53:30 am »
Hi,

Although the problem could be due to the memory there are other factors that could also be causing this issue.

Can you post details of your PSU and also the make and model number of your Hard-drives? Sometimes, if your hard-drives are "Green" or Energy Saving" problems with the OS install can occur so if you are using this type of HDD this could be the problem.

I would advise starting off with only the bare minimum of components within the build. Check that you have mounted your motherboard properly and that you are not getting any electrical shorts. Install your DVD/CD drive, 1 HDD and 1 stick of RAM. Double check your Mobo revision number (1.0 or 2.0) then check that your BIOS is up to date (Even with new boards the BIOS can still be out of date).

In BIOS load Optimized Defaults then try to install OS again.

Hope this helps

No is Not a green I hate those Hard drves to much probnlems .. is just a regular HD  Western Digital Cavier Black edition ATA 500 G 7200/32MB

and the 2  hard drives tested over my other machine and runs perfect

and I try instating just one thing at time whit no extras , just ONE HDand  one ram at time , exchange one for the other .. and still the same

never finish installing or formatting  , last time I just let go and after 8 hours approximately of instating just stop 

My bios version is 1.0 and in the site shows a new version 2.0 , then i gona try updating the bios ..

:D

absic115  and bofh1971

Many Thanks for responding