Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-MA790FXT-UD5P w/ OCZ Vertex exhibits slow Windows 7 Splash Screen

Hello All.  I'm looking for a little insight here.  I've read a few threads over at OCZ's forum about Gigabyte owners noticing a slow Windows 7 splash screen when using SSDs as their boot device. 

My machine specs are:

GIGABYTE GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
AMD Phenom II X3 720
2GB OCZ 1333 RAM
OCZ Vertex 60 GB
2 x 640 GB WD HHDs

I've tried the AHCI driver in the past but it made the Windows 7 splash screen even slower than the IDE driver.  I just updated to the latest bios on gigabyte's website (F 8H I believe) but am worried that if i try to switch over to the AHCI driver that it will still exhibit a slow splash screen.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

Just following up.

Do you need any additional info to help me out on this issue?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Hi,

How slow is slow?
Gigabyte boards are really not the quickest out of the blocks and there are several threads throughout the forum that talk about slow POST and BOOT times.

If you are using a Floppy drive or have Floppy Drive enabled within BIOS then, for some reason, the POST process seems to take even longer so it is a good idea to disable this. Also disabling the Full Screen LOGO in BIOS is a good idea as it is unnecessary and just holds everything up.

Another thing to try, is changing the SATA port that your OCZ drive is attached to. (Sounds silly but it can make a real difference)

ATB
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.