Official GIGABYTE Forum

another RAID-0 question,

another RAID-0 question,
« on: May 31, 2010, 06:49:34 pm »
    Het guy's, take it easy on me, I'm new here.   First off! this has been the worst year for me with comp's,  I am a gamer and screw turner! and don't
understand why I can't just leave things alone! lol,   I had built a real nice gamer useing a MSI P45 neo MB, on a single HD, It got hit by lightning!  I replaced it with an ASUS P5N-D MB.  but my origanl HD was trashed! I had been reading about this RAID-0 for peformance and got 2 WD Cav blue 160 Gig HD.  I got it up and running on RAID,  But I just did'nt like  that MB,  seems the Nvidia chipsets just run way to hot for me,  sold it to a buddy,
    Went back to the Intel chipset on the (GA-EP45T-UD3LR) MB,  and upgraded to DDR3,  I have evrything working right on time! great board!
   Question?  It gets very tireing reloading OS, and I've been reading up on thing's from Intel on their Matrix storage manager,  some of that stuff is hard to understand,  What is the plan for saving what you have to another external (removable) HD?  can it be a single or double HD? I do know it has to be atleast bigger than what your system HD is,  I have had a couple clitch's here and there during hard gaming and I love the RAID-0 set up!  Im just scared
on losing everything and starting over,  revalidating window's sux! lol

Specs,
GA-EP45T-UD3LR
Q9550  bumped to 3.4GHz  8.5X400 MHz, OCZ gold1600 4Gig, BFG 550PS, ATI(diamond)5770 VC,Windows7HP