Im having a few problems with my HTPC with following

AMD X2 4850e
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev 1.1)
2gb Corsair RAM XMS2 6400
500gb Samsung Spinpoint F1
Antec NSX 2480
LG Blu-Ray & HD Drive
Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit

1)Been working fine for a while now (apart from the hdmi sound handshake issues - see below) but the other day whilst watching a blu-ray the display went off the TV - PC lights still on but no signal on TV. Turned off tv, checked leads tried again still no pic. Rebooted PC whilst on HDMI channel on TV and still saying no signal. Power lights come on PC and dvd-rom drive working but didnt seem to be booting properly.

Took PC upstairs and plugged in using my upstairs PC leads - same problem, tried through VGA and DVI no joy.

Removed PSU from my upstairs PC (same PSU) and put it in the HTPC and it booted with just the hdd and mobo connected - fine i thought PSU is dead. Connected up the upstairs PSU properly inc dvd-drive, fans etc to the HTPC and booted to check all ok but same problem

Put apparent faulty PSU into upstairs PC and working fine.

Tried again with just mobo and hdd connected to PSU (how it had worked 5 mins ago) - same problem. Reset BIOS, reseated memory still no joy it wouldnt boot. Took out memory and tried to boot - no beeps just did same thing, lights on fans spinning but goes nowhere.

Took it into work and had a play around with memory in different channels - moved both from 1&2 to 3&4 and it booted. Moved back to 1&2 and it booted! As i had already reseated memory night before i didnt think this was cause so updated bios and any drivers whilst in windows. Checked event viewer and nothing stood out.

Ran some updates and rebooted PC several times, checked health status and temps fine. Shut it down and took it home.

Reconnected up last night to HDMI cable, power lead, wireless mouse and keyboard and booted and.....same problem. No signal on TV and PC lights come on and fans spin etc but nothing coming through on TV.

Any ideas? Next stage is to confirm the case speaker is connected properly to see if any post beeps and go from there. If i get no post beep errors when only mobo, cpu and psu connected im thinking it must be a motherboard problem?

2) If i get this working again i have an issue where the hdmi connection between the HTPC and TV (Samsung LE32A556P) is lost if the TV goes into standby. Sound is lost until i either change resolution, log off or restart PC. I assume this is a TV issue but wondered if you guys knew of anything that can be tried via the motherboard to fix this?

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Re: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H Rev 1.1 Possible problems
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 01:39:02 pm »
does it happen also when only 1 RAM module is installed ? just try

i recommend to check with another PSU, different brand & higher wattage

what is your current bios version ?
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)