Official GIGABYTE Forum

Trying to get GA-MA78GPM-UD2H in the UK

Trying to get GA-MA78GPM-UD2H in the UK
« on: May 07, 2009, 03:38:40 pm »
I am trying to get the GA-MA78GPM-UD2H board in the UK, but heard today that Gigabtye are not ever going to sell this board in the UK and are only selling the GA-MA78GM-UD2H variant here.

Firstly does anyone know if this is correct?

If it is correct, then I am thinking of importing a GA-MA78GPM-UD2H board from the USA or HK where it is on sale now. Can I ask would I get any support from Gigabyte UK if I ended up with a dud board for some reason? ie. would I be able to post the dud to Gigabyte in the UK or would I have to ship it back to whoever I buy it from in the USA or HK?

I’m not expecting there to be problems with this board, but the postage costs to/from the USA are about 2/3 of the price of the board itself so wondering if Gigabyte might be generous in these circumstances  ;)

Whitehot

Re: Trying to get GA-MA78GPM-UD2H in the UK
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 04:53:22 pm »
This is true.  The GA-MA78GPM-DS2H, which is the Ultra Durable 2 model is availble now in the UK.  The GA-MA78GPM-UD2H, the Ultra Durble 3 version, will NOT be sold in Europe. 

The GA-MA78GM-UD2H is also availabe but without the Side Port.

I'm sure you won't need to return your board, but should you need to, you can return to Gigabyte UK.  Gigabyte are the only motherboard manufacturer with a UK based RMA centre, so it will be repaired in the UK.  A replacement however, would be more difficult.