Official GIGABYTE Forum

Memory Compatibility

geronimo

Memory Compatibility
« on: June 22, 2010, 10:45:05 pm »
I'm going to be building a system with the GA-X58XA-UD3R and i7930. Although it's not listed, is the Patriot PVT36G1333LLK memory kit  compatible?

venganza

• Pics of my junk
Re: Memory Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 10:53:04 pm »
I'm going to be building a system with the GA-X58XA-UD3R and i7930. Although it's not listed, is the Patriot PVT36G1333LLK memory kit  compatible?

It should be.

The QVL (Qualified Vendor Lists) on manufacturer home pages (Gigabyte or any other) are essentially a small sample of various brands/products they have tested against.

Such lists are almost never update much (if at all) beyond product launch, and given the vast number of brands and the plethora of models, no company can test against all RAM chips :)

The best bet is use Mr Google, usually it only takes a few searches to find any particular "issue" with a particular RAM kit, and then only take much notice if you see a pattern of widespread incompatibility.

Here is a poll I conducted recently:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1444265&p=1

In Australia, Kingston, Corsair and G-Skill are the mostly widely used (since more widely available), but Patriot RAM is also used here very successfully with a large number of boards, so I doubt you will have much fuss mate :)
Intel i7 930 - Venomous-X - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 - EVGA GTX480 - 12gb (6x2gb) OCZ Platinum - Enermax Revolution85+ 1250w - TT Xaser 4000 VI - G-Skill Falcon II 64gb + 7 HDD's - Razer Lachesis+ExactMat - Saitek Eclipse II - LG L246WHX 24" BenQ 24".