Official GIGABYTE Forum

What do you do on weekend? Tell us about yourself!

RuiPereira

• Who goes there?
What do you do on weekend? Tell us about yourself!
« on: April 21, 2009, 02:58:33 pm »

I try to relax, I don’t really party any more… sad I know!
I play AoE 3 online, but lately been playing Settlers and I can’t wait for Diablo III  ;D
Visit my limited amount of friends and go skating (in-line) from time to time.
Fall on my ass, cry a bit and then carry on.
Work wise, I am the Channel Sales Manager for GIGABYTE UK, maybe this is the reason I don’t party anymore, I work too hard – haha  :o

Is my life boring!  No I don’t think so

Badbonji

Re: What do you do on weekend? Tell us about yourself!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 08:43:44 pm »
I game and do part time work - only way to afford such a rig!
I am in sixth form college studying double maths, chemistry, physics and geography.
Heading off to uni this year, so will be short of money :(
Will be studying a MSC in Astrophysics at the Uni of Birmingham.

So hopefully the parties will begin for me :)

As for gaming, I play Garry's Mod, L4D, Sins of a Solar Empire, Call of Duty : WAW and looking forward to Battlefield 1943.
I also occassionally have some fun overclocking my rig, and love to upgrade. Planning on a new loop in a couple of months to keep my i7 cool for the summer.

I watch TV series such as Lost, Heroes and Battlestar Galactica. Shame that most of the things I have watches have finished now :(

Core i7 965 @ 4.35Ghz 1.37Vcore
6Gb G.Skill 1600Mhz DDR3 @ 1740Mhz 8-8-8-20 1T
HIS HD5970 @ 800/1100
Gigabyte Extreme X58
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty
256GB M4 + 150GB Raptor
EK Supreme HF/GTX480/MCP655/EK Res :D

Beekeeper

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 01:26:01 pm »
 :)
On Saturdays I usually play tennis or ride a bike. Late evening I sometimes go to the disco, as on friday night I'm definitely tooooo tired for this.
More than half of sunday = sleep. Then watch some TV or dvd movies. I like Star Trek
“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 07:30:26 pm »
Hello my name is Bex!

I don't really have "weekends" as I'm only off Wednesday's and Thursdays :(

I do however get to finish early on a Friday so once every blue moon when we can afford it, we go out for dinner and a pint (me and my fiance that is - 2yrs officially together as of May 1st! - Love him very much and we're engadged so sorry lads! :P)

I'm forever tweaking my PC on my days off, OC'ing and trying to see what limit I can hit that day... Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad. Lately it's all bad thanks to Asus... I'll not go into too much detail but basically I'm stuck with GPU's that die the same way every time, crap replacements and crap customer service! T_T

So when I'm done tweaking and my hubby'kins is home, I like nothing better than to sit down, watch latest episode of House MD, Family Guy and play games with my mates and colleagues - mostly COD4/5, CSS, DOTA, bit of WOW, L4D - currently playing my way through The Witcher just now as well. :)

When I'm not doing that, usually eating or sleeping........ ok mostly sleeping! I'm a lazy bum when I'm given the opportunity!

Soon to be moving home with Mike and his parents due to wages cuts at work and recent TAX bills that were meant to have been paid but for whatever reason, haven't, and the money that's meant to be paying them has "disapeared" into my dodgey landlords account. Not amused about this...

Hopefully getting a mortgage and new flat soon though! My baby needs space!!!

This is my baby btw -

She's still a work in progress but I've postponed work on her for now due to finances and the number of times I have to drain and dismantle to replace cards which even on water have the same issues as stock. (I'm running a 3D force 4870x2 atm and works fine compared the Asus cack!)

Er I'll stop rambeling now!

~Bex

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 09:23:38 am »
Hi Bex

the warmest :-* ;) welcome to our forum! it's really nice to have first girl in our community and you are also really modding and overclocking, which is great!
i like your red watercooling system and Dragon chassis.

regarding my weekends i usually try to have a rest & relax. It's a cross-country skiing in winter, biking and mountain tourism in other seasons, meeting with my friends, some jogging. Also walking in the park for the whole year. But usually i don't have enough time to do it every weekend :'( as there are always some other things to do. >:( 
If the weather is bad then staying at home (yes, home, sweet home :) ) reading books, watching some movies and listening to the music. Yes music is definitely my favourite. For long years i've been listening only to pop music, but recently discovered also other kinds like jazz, smooth-jazz, classic, chill-out, which i like more and more every day.

P.S. my younger son is playing The Witcher now and he loves dragons, especially the one from Eragon movie, Saphira. maybe i am too old this for these kind of things as playing computer games, but i do like fantasy and sci-fi movies & books
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 08:48:55 am by runn3R »
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

Whitehot

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 10:56:24 am »
the Weekends all about Golf for me!!  Of course, I spare some time for my beautiful wife ;D.  We like to go walking when the weather is good.  The walks are getting shorter these days, my wife is six months pregnant!!

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 05:59:37 pm »
My weekends are always filled with something to do! I am really involved in a few organizations and we are always filming a new movie or hosting events!  The weekends are also a true mix of entertainment, relaxation and homework.

Whitehot

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 09:55:01 am »
a new movie huh??  Sounds interesting  ;)

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 04:13:10 pm »
Hey me too, i think this is the best place to share our views and interests. i have seen Slumdog Millionaire, i kno i am late to watch such a superb movie but finally watched and felt so overwhelmed. music,script,storyline...everything's best..  8)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 04:23:06 pm by daisy06 »

RuiPereira

• Who goes there?
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 04:52:17 pm »
i have seen Slumdog Millionaire, i kno i am late to watch such a superb movie but finally watched and felt so overwhelmed...

I have haven’t even watched it  :(
Best I make a plan

Whitehot

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 01:51:27 pm »
i have seen Slumdog Millionaire, i kno i am late to watch such a superb movie but finally watched and felt so overwhelmed...

I have haven’t even watched it  :(
Best I make a plan

me either?!  Isn't it just like who wants to be a millionaire Indian style?  Might try and get in to Star Trek tonight, orange Wednesday  ;)

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 02:04:47 pm »
I like my Golf, so lots of time taken up there, lets hope for lots of sunshine this summer then i can break out the BBQ  ;D

RuiPereira

• Who goes there?
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 05:39:38 pm »
I like my Golf, so lots of time taken up there, lets hope for lots of sunshine this summer then i can break out the BBQ  ;D

You forgot to say, BBQ with a beer   ;)
Well, I at least the weather is seems to be toooo good - I love it

Pottypete

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 01:29:50 pm »
Hi all
Love the dragon rig Bev,
Retired sat so got plenty of time on my hands now on,
We live in west wales overlooking Llangranog,
Spend a lot of time repairing computers, after I mess them up by fiddling around,
We have two welsh (ci coch) red dogs who require a lot of exercise and there are lots of coastal walks around,
Our house is on the market at the mo, we will try to get a smaller house (ty twt) and garden as funds have taken a battering in the economic climate,
How you youngsters are managing I don't know, we have not left you a very good future have we!
Going down a pub on the seafront for a pint of bass now, How did I ever find time to work!!!!!
Havent seen two nine o clocks in a day since Last sat,
Yo Barbie Thurs eve

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 09:52:39 pm »
Oh aye - a BBQ and a beer is definitely on the agenda!

~Bex