Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77-DS3H

GA-Z77-DS3H
« on: November 30, 2017, 12:43:53 pm »
Hello

I recently was given the above motherboard with a GPU, ram and CPU.

Everything worked beautifully when I put it together although iGPU did not seem to work so my friend and I just installed the GPU and it worked.

Anyway stupidly I seen the bios hasn't been updated since 2012 so I downloaded the latest and attempted to Qflash. I got unknown file size so the flash did not work HOWEVER I seen that the BIOS was not set to default optimised settings so I set them to that. Now when I turn the PC on I just get a black screen. No splash, no signal, my monitor knows its there.

I've tried with and without GPU
Different monitor + cable (DVI thenVGA)
I've tried the method of switching the psu off while holding the case power button but it doesn't seem to be kicking into the second BIOS.

If anyone has any experience or information with this could you please help?

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Re: GA-Z77-DS3H
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 03:49:39 am »
Older board, don't recall if it has a flash back port and button on the I/O panel.  Pretty sure it doesn't.

Disconnect the 24 pin power connector.  Then use a jumper or flat blade screw driver to short the CLR_CMOS jumper (lower right corner) of your board.  10 sec should be enough.  No reconnect the power and start the system.  Start tapping the <DEL> key.  Tap, pause, tap pause to enter BIOS...  result?

If this doesn't work, you should attempt to start the system and invoke boot from the back up BIOS. 

If you are using a wireless keyboard, change for a wired keyboard during troubleshooting.

If you are connecting to a TV or using an adapter or any kind, test using a standard computer display and cable connected directly without adapter.

If all of the above fails, remove the GPU, (use on board display), remove all RAM except one stick, perform a CLR_CMOS described above and attempt to start the system.

The fact that you were able to enter BIOS after an unsuccessful flash and load set up defaults is a good sign.  Hopefully one of the above actions will recover the system and allow you to enter BIOS and reconfigure your Boot Order and configuration. 

Please post your progress. 

Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW