Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA P55A-UD3 BSOD's with memory management messages

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: GA P55A-UD3 BSOD's with memory management messages
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2010, 08:11:29 am »
So nice to hear from you again Soar and especially this time with a happier tale than usual. ;)

Glad it is all sorted for you at last.

Firstly don't bother messing around with the RAM. If it's working ok just leave well alone. I am sure we could squeeze that little extra out of it but you would notice any difference in day to day running so it's not worth the bother.

The beeps is an unusual reasoning that I haven't heard before and I must admit I am skeptical. Most board now run two BIOSes and I have never heard one emit that beep code. Also it is not in the motherboard manuals. I still think it is an error somewhere but if your board is running happilly why worry about it.

I think that your following statement sums up a lot of peoples thinking only usually too late.
If you are not a super qualified and experienced OC'er and do not have weeks and weeks of time to tinker, experiment, and hit and kick your computer many, many times causing lots of dents and scratches, just use the RAM Gigabyte states is compatible with your specific motherboard!

Anyway thanks for taking the time to let us know the outcome which is really useful for the future.
All the best soar
DM
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Re: GA P55A-UD3 BSOD's with memory management messages
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2010, 04:57:56 pm »
So nice to hear from you again Soar and especially this time with a happier tale than usual. ;)

Glad it is all sorted for you at last.

Firstly don't bother messing around with the RAM. If it's working ok just leave well alone. I am sure we could squeeze that little extra out of it but you would notice any difference in day to day running so it's not worth the bother.

The beeps is an unusual reasoning that I haven't heard before and I must admit I am skeptical. Most board now run two BIOSes and I have never heard one emit that beep code. Also it is not in the motherboard manuals. I still think it is an error somewhere but if your board is running happilly why worry about it.

I think that your following statement sums up a lot of peoples thinking only usually too late.
If you are not a super qualified and experienced OC'er and do not have weeks and weeks of time to tinker, experiment, and hit and kick your computer many, many times causing lots of dents and scratches, just use the RAM Gigabyte states is compatible with your specific motherboard!

Anyway thanks for taking the time to let us know the outcome which is really useful for the future.
All the best soar
DM

Thanks again DM for your good advice.

You have a great day and keep up the good work!

Soar
AMD 1055T
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
XFX 6870 DD
Corsair Vengeance 1600 16GB
OCZ ZX-850 Watt Gold
HAF 932

Intel i5-3570
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
GeForce 560Ti
OCZ ZX-850 Watt Gold
Corsair Vengeance 1600 16GB