Official GIGABYTE Forum

EasyTuneEngineService.exe update for z370 gaming 7

EasyTuneEngineService.exe update for z370 gaming 7
« on: February 01, 2018, 09:46:41 pm »
Hi
I'm getting errors in event viewer for EasyTuneEngineService.exe

Ive tried updating but can only fiund update for easytune not the engine service ??

any ideas

Cheers
Ian
Faulting application name: EasyTuneEngineService.exe, version: 8.0.8.0, time stamp: 0x592fe6bc
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x03a81ce5
Faulting process ID: 0x3ad8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d39ba55372c69a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\EasyTuneEngineService\EasyTuneEngineService.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report ID: 6e1b0120-6e47-47cc-a82e-dc9e30cfaa62
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: EasyTuneEngineService.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
   at Gigabyte.ComputerSystemHardware.BIOS.EasyFunctions.BdrAid.SearchKeyword(UInt64, UInt64, System.String, UInt64 ByRef)
   at Gigabyte.ComputerSystemHardware.BIOS.EasyFunctions.BdrAid.RetrieveBaseOffset4ReverseDirection(Int64, UInt64, UInt64, UInt64 ByRef)
   at Gigabyte.ComputerSystemHardware.BIOS.EasyFunctions.BdrAid..ctor(Boolean)
   at Gigabyte.ComputerSystemHardware.BIOS.EasyFunctions.EasyFunctionHeader.RetrieveSmiPort(Int32 ByRef)
   at Gigabyte.ComputerSystemHardware.BIOS.EasyFunctions.EasyHealthHeader..ctor(Boolean)
   at Gigabyte.ComputerSystemHardware.BIOS.EasyFunctions.EasyTableComWrapper.UpdateFile()
   at Gigabyte.ComputerSystemHardware.BIOS.EasyFunctionAddressManagement.CreateFile()
   at EasyTuneEngineService.EasyTuneEngineService.OnStart(System.String[])
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Re: EasyTuneEngineService.exe update for z370 gaming 7
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 02:11:12 pm »
Greetings,
You didn't give us much to go on.  Just file version of the service and MB model. 

You will not find an individual update for the specific service as it is part of the Easy Tune Application. 

Have you tried running an earlier or later version of the software?  Usually the version that comes on the CD included with your MB is earlier than what you can download from the board's webpage.  I would use System Restore and revert to a point in time before the error occurred or before the program was installed or updated. 

If the program did work previously, I suggest you not update it for the time being.

With the little we have to go on, it appears that the problem might be related to memory.  If you are OC'ing your system/memory, try disabling and restarting.  Does the error still appear?  Was the program installed under a user profile with administrative permissions?  And, is it being run under that profile when the errors are occurring?

If the answer is yes, and you have confirmed admin permissions and tried my suggestions above, I would open a ticket with support.  Ensure you provide the version of your OS, and version of the Easy Tune Application you installed and/or updated to. 

Last, it would not hurt to memtest your RAM either. 3-4 passes should be enough. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:14:19 pm by shadowsports »
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

Re: EasyTuneEngineService.exe update for z370 gaming 7
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 07:19:43 pm »
Hi,
I recently bought Z370 Gaming Ultra mainboard with i7 8700k. System is win 10 pro fresh instalation.
I discovered that I cannot run hardware monitor and the problem is with starting EasyTuneEngineService windows service.
An error in event viewer is the same as in first post.
I think there is something wrong in libraries that cannot connect with MB, or pass some invalid argument.

Please check this because I cannot use gigabyte software.

Also GvLedService has no description, some developer left : "TODO: <file desciption>" tag.

I think it is not tested correctly because this service consume 10% processor all time.