Official GIGABYTE Forum

Realtek (Gigabyte badged) HD Audio Manager - Output Power Level resets (SHPA)

LFX64

Smart Headphone Amp will not stay on Level 2, no matter what I try. If I put it on Level 2 and close off the app, it is fine until I reboot, then it goes back to Level 1 power output, which is no good for my 32ohm headset and requires me to manually change the audio output power level each time I use the computer (even if waking from sleep). If I select Level 2 while listening to music, I can hear the volume increase, which is good, close it off, stays fine, if I open the software again from the system tray, you can audiably hear it drop as it resets to Level 1 power settings, which are then reflected in the UI saying that it is on Level 1. This is repeatable. Again, I can select Level 2, close it off and the output power level is the same, but the moment I open the software it clearly resets itself - I'd be fine with that if it didn't reset itself after rebooting because then I could just leave the software alone.

This is clearly a software issue. I've reinstalled the software but it still does it. I've got the latest drivers from the Gigabyte support website and I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 64.

Any ideas?

Optional Reading: Other notes which are not related to this. Since setting up my PC earlier this month, it kept freezing and crashing, repeatedly - I thought it was hardware failure... as it turns out, nope. Reinstalled Windows 10 several times. Tweaked it and was very careful not to install unnecessary extras and specifically installed stuff in a certain order, including the latest AMD chipset drivers from THEIR website (not Gigabyte - those seemed flaky to me). Everything runs great. The moment I installed a bunch of App Center utilities (out of curiousity) as part of the dreadful Gigabyte App Center, I got a blue screen. Basically don't install any of that tat that Gigabyte push (and shouldn't). Something out of the utilities I downloaded caused a thread_not_handled issue, which I got with dodgy Gigabyte utility drivers before. I went over 2 weeks without it. As soon as I installed that silly software, literally a few seconds after doing so, blue screen - not sure what caused it, DAC UP, RGB Fusion, Smart Information Viewer / Smart Fan, On/Off Charge/ Colour Temp and Fast Boot - these were the ones which were installed, and funnily enough after each installed, I didnt reboot first but it still crashed, so it could of been any of them. Basically, just don't install that software. Curiosity got the better of me, so it's my own fault. Since then I've uninstalled the extras (though DAC UP and a couple of others didnt show up in the App Center but I fairly certain I uninstalled Fast Boot) and the App Center itself has been uninstalled and it's been, touch wood, fine so far. Before anyone asks, no it wasn't an overclock. It was these very dodgy pieces of software, that manufactuers really ought not to encourage people to install. I'm not whining at Gigabyte for it, but these kinds of apps cause issues and some people would quite easily believe it to be hardware failure.

Peace

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Greetings,
You may very well have found a bug, or could have something in your software environment that is conflicting as you eluded to in your post. 

Have no idea what board/rev you own, so let's start with that?  Pictures of the setting may also be helpful.
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

LFX64

Greetings,
You may very well have found a bug, or could have something in your software environment that is conflicting as you eluded to in your post. 

Have no idea what board/rev you own, so let's start with that?  Pictures of the setting may also be helpful.

Whoops. Thought I mentioned it. I have a Gigabyte AX-370 Gaming K7 (rev 1.0) BIOS F10. Windows is update. Disabled antivirus and it still does it, so it can't be that. I am the admin as this is the only account on the system. Disk isn't encrypted. Maybe a file is set somewhere to read only?

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
A little pressed with work the last few days..  haven't had the bandwidth to visit here.  Are you connecting the headphones directly to the audio ports on the rear of the case?
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW