Official GIGABYTE Forum

H170-D3HP Thunderbolt port doesn't appear anymore under device manager!!!

onesolo

I have a H170-D3HP since a couple of years. When I bought it, everything regarded Thunderbolt was working. I followed everything that was to do, installed the drivers and then successfully installed the firmware. The port appeared on the device manager, on system devices and (if I recall) also under universal serial bus controllers. Also in the settings of the Thunderbird Software, in the Details, service version, controller driver version and networking driver version would appear just fine.
At some point, I don't quite remember when, but Thunderbolt device vanished from device manager. Also on the Thunderbolt software details, service driver, controller driver and networking driver no more display a version, but instead it shows Unknown !!! I tried to update Thunderbolt drivers (even tried the original drivers for this mobo and other different drivers) but the same on the details. I think that a firmware update is the cause and it probably happened when I first flash the F20x series!!
I already dweled the forums and the internet and from what I see, this is something that is common to at least all the x170 series mobo from Gigabyte. Something wrong must happened...

Any ideas how to fix this?? Maybe only new firmware version, right??

I think that a firmware update is the cause and it probably happened when I first flash the F20x series!!

Any ideas how to fix this?? Maybe a new firmware version, right??
Gigabyte H170-D3HP (BIOS F20g), Intel i7-7700, 2x8GB GSkill DDR4-2400, Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (NVMe), 2x Nvidia 1060 6GB, WD 2GB Blue, Win 10 Professional x64

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Greetings,
Sounds like you have made reasonable attempts to troubleshoot and resolve your problem.  Is system restore a possibility or has it been too long?  If I recall, the device also appears in BIOS.  If you have upgraded the BIOS, be sure to check for its presence there as well.

I would contact gigabyte support.  Thunderbolt hardware has been finnicky since its release.  Sporadic detection, working then it doesn't.  I would suggest making a back up of your system in case you need to revert back to the point where you are now in further troubleshooting steps.  This way you can try to completely uninstall and re-install the device.   
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 03:02:10 pm by shadowsports »
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

onesolo

System is not a possibility unfortunately.
The only option that I have on the bios, is TBT USB3.1 Force Power that was introduced in F20x series. Ironically, on or off, TBT doesn't show up on device manager nor the Thunderbolt software...
I also think that this is related of me not having any more fast charging on my Google Pixel like I used too.
Gigabyte H170-D3HP (BIOS F20g), Intel i7-7700, 2x8GB GSkill DDR4-2400, Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (NVMe), 2x Nvidia 1060 6GB, WD 2GB Blue, Win 10 Professional x64