Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z370 Aorus gaming 7 audio problems, pops, crackles distorted microphone.

Hi, First time Gigabyte Board owner facing some issues. Always had Asus boards but was moving from ryzen and c6h to coffeelake and after almost a year of asus bios issues for ryzen i had lost trust in the brand.

Basically, Since installing my board i thought everything was fine, audio sounded good but had some popping sound coming through randomly. then it came to trying to speak to someone via microphone. Sound was extremely distorted and if i was pressing push to talk while somebody else spoke they would get a loud feedback loop. With no realtek drivers installed i get less microphone issues although it still sounds poor, but this then introduces popping and crackles even worse then before via my headset.

With Either gigabyte realtek drivers new or old, problem persists, both cross talk between sound and microphone, and popping and crackling sound. Installing creative at all kills off the microphone almost completely.

Testing i have done.

It would appear any sound driver other then windows own driver introduces extreme latency with nvidia drivers for some reason. i have tried multiple versions problem persists between all recent nvidia drivers if realtek drivers are used for sound. Again popping and crackling is present with both windows own drivers realteks and gigabyte ones from gigabyte website.

I have also tried another fresh install with pc disconnected from the internet with all latest drivers to hand to limit what windows installs and only installing what is needed to test to help narrow down any other program or feature interference. Including with windows updates and without. Problem persists.

I have tried multiple headsets, headphones and microphones.

Re seated all hardware, tried different gpu, asked my friend to bring round my old motherboard and cpu to test to make sure nothing else in my system is causing interference. no problems everything is crystal clear.

Since running into this problem i found that many other people are reporting this issue on Various other forums /tech sites

Have tried every fix out there and spent a lot of time troubleshooting trying to narrow down the issue and cannot figure out the cause or a fix.

Working from home currently on a project that requires heavy use of my pc, have spent a lot of downtime lately just trying to sort audio so i can communicate easily with other people that i need to for this project.

Can not really afford more downtime and do not really want to have to buy a separate sound card when the on board audio should work as intended.

Not sure what to do and struggling to get help from gigabyte support, waiting a week for a reply that was pretty irrelevant and did not take note of the multiple forms of troubleshooting i have tried already and just told me creative software wont work via rear panel. ( not even what i was having a issue with audio as a whole no matter the configuration of drivers/software is the issue)

Other then the issue i am having with audio everything else appears to work as intended. apart from the odd random reboot but it appears that may be a spectre/meltdown thing and will likely get a fix.

Look forward to some advice/assistance.

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Greetings,
Was this a fresh install of windows, or did you migrate to the new hardware?
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

Greetings,
Was this a fresh install of windows, or did you migrate to the new hardware?

Hi there, i performed a fresh install of windows with a formatted drive

Gigabyte Advised i Send Board back to supplier for inspection/RMA. i will start that process Tuesday.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 05:07:49 pm by Naginooh »