Official GIGABYTE Forum

Issues with F22 Bios on AX370 Gaming K7 - RGB Fusion and SATA

LFX64

Reflashing makes no difference btw.

Issues with F22:

Colour cycle for RGB Fusion is messed up. See video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qkNZAsRa33ShaiNC3 instead of cycling through the colours in a smooth, gradual fashion, it cycles smoothly through some but then switches rapidly (not gradual) almost as if it is skipping across (with no gradient). It's not meant to be like this and it wasn't before when I was using BIOS F10.

Another issue I've noticed with BIOS F22: All other SATA plugins (except the boot drive) are not showing up in SATA connections or boot override. See same link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qkNZAsRa33ShaiNC3 - This isn't indicative of a hardware issue because the drives are connected and they do work. When I get into Windows 10, sure enough there they are and they perform perfectly fine. Again, BIOS issue.

I won't be using F23 until it is F23Z and has been so thoroughly tested and debugged you could bang it. I have to say whoever is working on the X370 Gaming K7 BIOSes sucks. The BIOSes for the Gaming K7 have been riddled with problems throughout and I found that BIOSes for my old GA-Z77-D3H from the year 1807, were brilliant compared to the mass of oversights the Gaming K7 BIOS tends to have.

Last of all: no, I am not using the horrid, cancerous Fusion desktop app and the equally awful Gigabyte APP Centre.

EDIT: After selecting Optimised Defaults and redoing my BIOS settings, I made sure to go into the RGB Fusion section, click static first then go back to colour cycle. After doing so the pattern of the colour cycle has changed (again), now skipping through several colours jerkily and missing red and yellow completely before dipping the light (almost off) for a brief period when the light turns blue. They all do this, so it isn't an LED issue. This is a control issue likely because of sloppy BIOS development or a bug of some kind. See the new videos in the shared album with the same link as before: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qkNZAsRa33ShaiNC3

I have also posted this on the Official Gigabyte Aorus subreddit.

Edit (again): (the 50s video shows before and during changes to the RGB lights - the 31s video demonstrates what happened after I re-set the colour cycle - basically one buggy colour cycle to another, just with a different pattern).

Edit (again, again): other issue, albeit minor. A delay in activation on PS/2 peripherals - namely, keyboards. I have about 1 second to press DEL to enter the bios on a PS/2 keyboard (USB to PS/2 adapter). It starts way later than USB peripherals for some odd reason).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 11:16:41 pm by LFX64 »

LFX64

Re: Issues with F22 Bios on AX370 Gaming K7 - RGB Fusion and SATA
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 02:30:27 am »
Forgot to mention, F22 BIOS (just like all the other BIOSes before it, including the F10 BIOS I first noticed this issue on), whether XMP is on or off, and whether or not DRAM has a manual voltage or not, at 1.35V or 1.36V on the RAM it always runs the RAM at 1.38V. This is checked in the voltage readout in the BIOS and is also reflected in various software on Windows, CPUID HWMonitor, HWInfo64, etc.

Unacceptable. Your reputation is crumbling with your boards in 2017/2018 Gigabyte. The AX370 is not the only board with issues. The K5 and Gaming K5 have had issues too, as have your Intel boards. Poor regulation and AWFUL buggy BIOSes. Go search Google or visit Youtube... your boards are being flagged with problems all the time.

Why has it taken over 30 BIOS revisions for us to still be left with so many problems? I call for your BIOS engineer to be fired and replaced by somebody who is competent. At this point, over a year now, I should fully expect a near bug free BIOS that runs everything as it should do. I do not expect ignored voltages, disappearing SATA peripherals and glitchy RBG displays.

LFX64

Re: Issues with F22 Bios on AX370 Gaming K7 - RGB Fusion and SATA
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 11:47:09 am »
For goodness sake. I thought it wasn't that bad that I the PS/2 devices started so late after pressing the power button because I got into the BIOS fine, though I literally had one second after the keyboard finally powered up before the menus to access the BIOS disappeared and the BIOS loaded. Cold boot, I just spammed DEL on my PS/2 (USB to PS/2) keyboard and it didn't access the BIOS. I rebooted 3 times and it missed the BIOS. Unplugged the adapter, plugged my keyboard in via USB and BAM, more or less as soon as the power button is pressed the keyboard lights come on and I can spam DEL and get into the BIOS with plenty of time to spare.

Basically, PS/2 is great but it gives you no almost no time to access the BIOS, if you need to. Why do PS/2 peripherals get powered so late? I use PS/2 because it enables me to power on by keyboard, which cannot be done via USB devices. Why do I want to power on by keyboard? Because power buttons on my last couple of cases were poor and one of them wore out that it become very unreliable during the 5 years I had it. Now this Phantek Enthoo Pro M (T.Glass Panel) power button isn't the best, so rather than press something that will likely mess up, I'd rather power on by keyboard.

Another issue that COULD be resolved in a BIOS update. Is there an option to expend the time the menus stay up? I've never seen it. For those of us wanting to use PS/2, it is necessary.