Official GIGABYTE Forum

New Build - Many Thanks

New Build - Many Thanks
« on: August 02, 2018, 11:38:35 am »
I just wanted to offer thanks to this forum for the very informative posts and stickies that I read when specking & building my new pc.

I am no longer into o/cing and just wanted to upgrade my current pc which was getting a bit long in the tooth, Asus A8V Deluxe Rev 2.0 running an A64 San Diego 4000+.

I found much information not only as regards queries on bios features but also learned a lot about new features on MBs, namely paying attention to the VRM, etc,. I know that this board has a 4+1 VRM and as such is not recommended for o/cing although some have had success.

I know that the new pc that I have built is not anywhere near as good as the rigs that some of you guys run but in comparison to what I had before it is very fast and stable and to boot I can now play some games also!

I did replace both the NB and SB coolers on the board. The NB with the one in the link below (probably overkill) and the SB with a bigger one as the VGA is blocking height. I am also using an aftermarket CPU cooler that blows down (not tower) directly over the VRM section.

https://www.moddiy.com/products/PC-Cooler-H.D.T-Technology-Northbridge-Cooler-.html

Again many thanks

Gigabyte GA970A DS3P Rev2.0, AMD FX-6300, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, MSI GTX 660 OC, Samsung 850 EV0 500Gb Sata III SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate (storage), Corsair RM650i PSU
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 11:49:42 am by risk_reversal »