Official GIGABYTE Forum

H370 AORUS GAMING 3 WIFI. 5 Beeps

H370 AORUS GAMING 3 WIFI. 5 Beeps
« on: September 25, 2018, 06:39:56 pm »
Hi guys,
something "strange" has happened with my system days ago.
2 months ago i built this system:
-H370 Aorus Gaming 3 wifi (BIOS F3)
-Intel core i5 8600k
-Cooler Arctic Freezer 33 plus
-2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport PC4-19200
-GPU GTX 1050 Ti Zotac ZT-P10510A-10L
-SSD Crucial MX500 250 GB
-HD Western Digital Blue 2TB
-HD Western Digital Red 3TB
-PSU Thermaltake Berlin 630W (Sirtec OEM)
-Case Cooler Master N300
-3 case fans (1 cooler master and 2 noctua)
-Windows 10 pro x64

The system's been worked perfectly for about 2 months, I shut down it max 12 hours since i built it. Everything was ok: temp, speed, etc.
PC is not overclocked, no fast boot is enabled, no csm.
Few days ago I went away from home for 2 days and i shut down PC. When i restarted it after 2 days, i heard 5 (i'm not completely sure, they could be more because it was unexpected, but i think 5 beeps) and no signal on the monitor. So i reset the pc and everything resumed to work fine. I tried to shut down, reset, restart the pc several times in the days following and everything was fine.
I know that 5 beeps mean CPU error in the AMI bios, but it's very strange such signal after 2 months when everything's always worked fine.
My housemate told me he moved the monitor when i was away but he didn't try to turn the pc on.
This is the only thing "happened" to my PC during my absence, but I think it's irrilevant about the problem i described.
Now i'm a little afraid: should I think of a serious hardware problem about my PC, because of this single event after 2 days PC was off?

Thank you everyone could give me more information

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Re: H370 AORUS GAMING 3 WIFI. 5 Beeps
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 03:09:49 pm »
If it only happened once and not again, I doubt there is a problem.  Could have been any number of things related to power delivery, POST, or CPU initialization.  Resetting and reconfiguration was a good idea.  Wouldn't worry about it if it hasn't happened again.   
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 10:16:43 pm »
If it only happened once and not again, I doubt there is a problem.  Could have been any number of things related to power delivery, POST, or CPU initialization.  Resetting and reconfiguration was a good idea.  Wouldn't worry about it if it hasn't happened again.   

Thank you very much for your interest.
Furthermore, it's been 3 more weeks and the pc is ok. I'm a little obsessed so i always check temp, event reports and every possible anomaly but everything is fine.
The only annoying thing is that as I disabled fast boot both in windows menu and in BIOS the system takes a very very long time to load OS (about 3-4 minutes with AORUS screen logo before windows starts up). But when the OS starts everything works fine and sometimes I let PC working for 4-5 days or more before rebooting or shutting it down; so that's not a big problem. When the fast boot was enable the starting time was very fast but I don't like the "wake-from-hibernation startup" way windows has undertaken: I prefer "clean boot" every time.

Thank you again

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 01:49:03 am »
I work on computers/networks everyday, so admittedly, the machines at home don't get restarted much.  I haven't restarted my Z97 in weeks. 

No machine should take 3-4 minutes to start these days (especially yours).  Granted I'm not a fan of Crucial SSD's or their memory, but even with those plattered disks, something is up with your system, either with BIOS settings or the way windows was installed. 

My z97 and 370 cold boot in about 12 sec.  The Z97 is RAID0 (SSD) with a WD black spinner, and the 370 is a single intel SSD (boot) with 2TB RAID1 spinners and both haul a$$. 

Do you have detection on your unused interfaces disabled?  Do you have something legacy attached?  Seems like way too long for boot.  Fast Boot disables some checks but your boot time is much too long. 

***  OOOO...  you are using System Center in OS utilities to change BIOS settings..  I'd stick to the BIOS only for management and changes.  Many of the Gigabyte Utilities work great, some, not so much and can cause undesired behavior.  Convenient, but not always functional.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 01:55:37 am by shadowsports »
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 10:33:23 pm »
I work on computers/networks everyday, so admittedly, the machines at home don't get restarted much.  I haven't restarted my Z97 in weeks. 

No machine should take 3-4 minutes to start these days (especially yours).  Granted I'm not a fan of Crucial SSD's or their memory, but even with those plattered disks, something is up with your system, either with BIOS settings or the way windows was installed. 

My z97 and 370 cold boot in about 12 sec.  The Z97 is RAID0 (SSD) with a WD black spinner, and the 370 is a single intel SSD (boot) with 2TB RAID1 spinners and both haul a$$. 

Do you have detection on your unused interfaces disabled?  Do you have something legacy attached?  Seems like way too long for boot.  Fast Boot disables some checks but your boot time is much too long. 

***  OOOO...  you are using System Center in OS utilities to change BIOS settings..  I'd stick to the BIOS only for management and changes.  Many of the Gigabyte Utilities work great, some, not so much and can cause undesired behavior.  Convenient, but not always functional.

Hi again.
I don't know gigabyte BIOS very well: took a look in the main settings and everything seems ok. No legacy devices are connected: just logitech wireless USB mouse/keyboard and samsung laser printer (always off during PC power on). I tried to enable xmp, fast boot in the BIOS but nothing changes: the only way to speed up OS loading is enabling fast-boot in windows preferences.
Now i'm thinking something went wrong during OS installation with BIOS setup or maybe when I created the USB installer by ISO through RUFUS. I remember the installation was very fast, OS loading too, until i unchecked the windows fast-boot option many days later. I'm a little confused.
Thank you very much for the help