Official GIGABYTE Forum

How can I install the Aorus OC Software without the RGB?

How can I install the Aorus OC Software without the RGB?
« on: January 17, 2019, 08:37:08 am »
First of all thanks for the add.
I recently bought an GV-RX570GAMING-4GD Graphics Card, And while I can install the OC Software it demands I also install the RGB Software as well.
My problem here is I like the default changing of colors, but when the RGB software installs it freezes the lighting to an orange color and will not allow me to change the color, or even show me the other options to have it blink, breath, etc.
So while I can uninstall the RGB software when I go to use the OC software it demands that I install the RGB software and my problem starts all over again, So I just uninstalled them both for now until I can sort this all out

My Motherboard is a Gigabyte  970A-DS3P, FX-6300 CPU, 32gb ddr3 1600mhz Corsair Vengence RAM.

While I want to use the OC Software if it messes with my lighting and not allow me to change the lighting as it says I can, I guess I'll just do without it.

Any help I'd be most grateful.   :)

AgentFXA

• none
Re: How can I install the Aorus OC Software without the RGB?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 09:24:52 pm »
You have a vintage system - I had similar issues when I was on an 990FX board.
However, you can use Wattman to oc/tune the GPU... but there is no help with the LED problem.
X570 Aorus Elite Wifi / Ryzen 2700x / Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900 XT Gaming OC 20G Graphics Card / 16 GB HyperX Predator 3200 / SeaSonic 850W / Tt View 71 TG / Win10x64

Re: How can I install the Aorus OC Software without the RGB?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 08:13:57 pm »
You have a vintage system - I had similar issues when I was on an 990FX board.
However, you can use Wattman to oc/tune the GPU... but there is no help with the LED problem.

That's what I kinda figured.
If my board wasn't RGB capable it wasn't going to work..
OH WELL Thanks for your answer and help.