Official GIGABYTE Forum

Unstable RAM XMP

Unstable RAM XMP
« on: January 14, 2019, 01:01:46 am »
Here is my current build, I built it in November of last year.

AMD Ryzen 7 Eight Core 2700X 4.35GHz (Socket AM4) Processor
Samsung SSD 850 Evo 1TB
Toshiba 2TB P300 7200RPM Performance Hard Drive (HDWD120UZSVA)
MSI Optix G24C 24" 1920x1080 VA FREESYNC 144Hz 1ms Curved Widescreen Gaming Monitor
OcUK Value Blu-ray / DVDRW combi SATA
Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Glass Midi Tower Case
Super Flower Leadex Platinum 850W Fully Modular "80 Plus Platinum" Power Supply
Alpenfohn Ben Nevis Advanced CPU Cooler - 130mm
Gigabyte Aorus RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual/Quad Channel Kit
Gigabyte Radeon RX VEGA 64 WindForce OC 8GB HBM2 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 AMD X370 (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard

I've been having trouble since day 1, I believed it was the graphics card at 1st, because randomly during games, my screen would go black and my monitor would lose signal. Sometimes the picture would come back, sometimes I would need to restart my machine, other times my machine would just crash.

At one point, my machine was blue screening after Windows booted up. I tried to reinstall Windows, but it was even blue screening during the Windows installer. I was finally able to reinstall Windows once I disabled XMP.

Everytime I turn XMP back on, I get problems, sometimes it can be fine for several days, then all of a sudden the crashing and loss of signal comes back. It's happened twice today in games

Can anyone help me? I hate using the machine with XMP turned off, there's a noticable drop in performance whilst gaming.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Unstable RAM XMP
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 09:06:53 am »
Hi there,

A couple of things you can try here.

1: Check that your BIOS is the latest version for this motherboard. (F23) If it isn't then I would update to this version and see if that solves the problem.

2. Manually set the timings in BIOS rather than using the XMP profile. This will give you the correct settings and speed of the RAM anyway and would be the same as using the XMP profile.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 08:10:54 pm »
I've tried to put in the settings manually, just taking pictures of the XMP with my phone.

But when I change my "Memory timing mode" to manual, it still doesn't let me change the "Profile DDR voltage"

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 08:28:53 pm »
What BIOS version does your motherboard have?

Use the "Page Up/Page Down or + & - " keys to alter settings.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 04:22:39 pm »
I have the latest BIOS, F23.

If I change my profile at the top to none, it lets me change settings.
But if I change "Memory Time Mode" to manual.
The voltage setting below stays greyed out and I still can't changed.

I've been trying the EZ Overclocking settings for DD3200, worked fine for 2 days, but it just crashed on me.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 08:14:26 pm »
I just had a look at the supported memory list for Ryzen on my board.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-K7-rev-10#support-doc

I can't see any Gigabyte memory listed

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 11:25:07 pm »
Is there somewhere I can go to see the settings/timings I can manually put in to get my RAM to run at 3200?