Official GIGABYTE Forum

AORUS Z390 PRO WIFI: Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse and Ergonomic Keyboard

I'm experiencing problems with the Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse and Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard, both of which are bluetooth and use the bluetooth feature of the motherboard and not a proprietary dongle, and the system I have just built.

1. Moving the Surface Precision Mouse during the system sleep state does not wake the system. I have checked the Surface Precision Mouse properties, however the power option to allow the mouse to wake the system is already enabled.

2. The system is very slow to respond to input from the bluetooth Surface Ergonomic Keyboard. After booting to the Windows login screen it takes something like 15 - 30 seconds before I'm able to enter my PIN or password. If I don't use the keyboard for a while during use of the system then again it takes the system a long time, it seems, to reestablish the connection with the keyboard and process the input.

3. It seems that it's not possible to use the bluetooth Ergonomic Keyboard to navigate the BIOS.

I've searched through the BIOS settings to see if there is anything which could be configured to enable a better blutooth experience, however I have not found anything. With the Precision Mouse not waking the system it seems like the motherboard bluetooth feature might not be active when the system is sleeping. Can anybody give insights regarding these bluetooth problems? Can the BIOS be configured to resolve these problems? Might a BIOS update be needed to enable this bluetooth functionality?

WINDOWS 10 1903 (1809 HAD THE SAME SET OF PROBLEMS)
GIGABYTE AORUS Z390 PRO WIFI (BIOS F9)
INTEL i9 9900K
MICROSOFT SURFACE PRECISION MOUSE
MICROSOFT SURFACE ERGONOMIC KEYBOARD
RAID 0 SYSTEM VOLUME
RAID 1 STORAGE VOLUME

UPDATE: I've used Powershell to execute 'powercfg -a' which has revealed that only Standby (S3), Hibernate and Fast Startup are available on the system.

According to this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/modern-standby

"You cannot switch between S3 and Modern Standby by changing a setting in the BIOS. Switching the power model is not supported in Windows without a complete OS re-install."

As I understand it the AORUS Z390 PRO WIFI should feature Modern Standby as it has the Z390 chipset, however I do not know how I should configure the hardware prior to reinstalling Windows so that Modern Standby will become available.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 07:28:32 pm by duncangravill »