Official GIGABYTE Forum

DAC-UP 2 Ports on Aorus Master with PowerPlay Charging Mat

Yemble

Is there any benefit at all in connecting a Logitech PowerPlay charging mat to a DAC-UP 2 port, using a +0.3v setting?

I'm wondering whether, or not, the slightly increased voltage may reduce the mouse charging time, albeit by a small amount?

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Re: DAC-UP 2 Ports on Aorus Master with PowerPlay Charging Mat
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 03:27:34 pm »
Is there any benefit at all in connecting a Logitech PowerPlay charging mat to a DAC-UP 2 port, using a +0.3v setting?

I'm wondering whether, or not, the slightly increased voltage may reduce the mouse charging time, albeit by a small amount?

Can't really answer this question.  The Logitech website doesn't offer these specifications on the products webpage ( I could see anyway) .  You aren't going to damage anything though so using the DAC for charging +.3v isn't a big deal.  If it works, you might as well use it.   
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

Yemble

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 06:56:42 pm »

Can't really answer this question.  The Logitech website doesn't offer these specifications on the products webpage ( I could see anyway) .  You aren't going to damage anything though so using the DAC for charging +.3v isn't a big deal.  If it works, you might as well use it.

That's pretty much how I was thinking.  My other option would be to use one of the QuickCharge ports on the case front panel, but I'm pretty sure that PowerPlay does not recognise QC technology.

Yemble

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 12:26:02 pm »

That's pretty much how I was thinking.  My other option would be to use one of the QuickCharge ports on the case front panel, but I'm pretty sure that PowerPlay does not recognise QC technology.

Well it does work, so I am using it.  Whether, or not, I am getting any tangible benefit from it, is a point for debate  ;)

The only odd thing that I've noticed is the debug code 47 that gets displayed on the mobo LED, however, that is regardless of whether the PowerPlay mat is plugged in, or not.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 12:29:21 pm by Yemble »