Official GIGABYTE Forum

Aorus Engine Closes When I Launch Games

Aorus Engine Closes When I Launch Games
« on: June 15, 2019, 01:29:04 pm »
Hi, I am running the latest AORUS ENGINE 1.65 downloaded off the official website.  When I go to run games like DayZ the AORUS ENGINE will close automatically.  Why is this happening and how to fix?

Product Name:   GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti GAMING OC 11G

BIOS Ver:   F10

Re: Aorus Engine Closes When I Launch Games
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 03:23:52 am »
That figures.  I had installed many versions of that cursed software up until this year with fingers crossed upon each new release that this could be the one without some bothersome issue.    My advice is that to avoid frustration, ditch AE and install MSI Afterburner to monitor/oc/uc your gfx card.
Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel i7-5960X, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3GHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro, Corsair H110 CPU cooler, Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti Xtreme 11G, 2 x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB,  Antec HCP-1300 Platinum PSU, Corsair K70 Lux RGB, Roccat Kone XTD, Asus PG278Q

Re: Aorus Engine Closes When I Launch Games
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 01:51:37 pm »
Thanks for the reply man, yeah ever since I bought this card I've had problems with the software.  I'm rather disappointed and find staff aren't helpful.

I will take a look at the MSI program, but I know I will most likely not be using Gigabyte in the future.