Official GIGABYTE Forum

Easytune and Aorus Master Z390 not working

vimes

Easytune and Aorus Master Z390 not working
« on: July 12, 2019, 12:53:03 pm »
Hi

I have just got the Aorus Master Z390 motherboard, along with a i7 9900k. A fresh copy of Windows 10 x64 Pro build 1903 is installed.
I downloaded a copy of Easytune from Gigabyte B19.0226.1 dated 26th Feb 2019 from the UK motherbaord website.
It installs fine but will not start when I try and launch it. No error, just will not start. The PC has been rebooted.

I would like it to work to control my fans etc.

Got the software from here...

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/support#support-dl-utility

Any ideas please..?
EDIT: Also Am I right in thinking that this utility will help to define a fan profile..?
If not which utility do Gigabyte offer, thanks.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 01:08:29 pm by vimes »

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Re: Easytune and Aorus Master Z390 not working
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 02:49:57 pm »
Greetings,
Easy Tune is for automatic overclocking.

What you want is SIV - Visit the page below.  Scroll down, click Aorus Excellence Heading, then select SIV

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10#kf

There are 2 places to control Fan Profiles.  The BIOS and SIV(Smart Fan 5).  To be honest, the defaults work exceptionally well.  Regardless of which you choose, pick only one place to manage, not both as they can conflict.

Next item.  You cannot install any of the utilities stand alone, you must install App Center first, then choose which utilities you want to run.  Easy Tune, SIV, RGB Fusion, etc.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 02:55:47 pm by shadowsports »
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

vimes

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 09:22:56 am »
Greetings,
Easy Tune is for automatic overclocking.

What you want is SIV - Visit the page below.  Scroll down, click Aorus Excellence Heading, then select SIV

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10#kf

There are 2 places to control Fan Profiles.  The BIOS and SIV(Smart Fan 5).  To be honest, the defaults work exceptionally well.  Regardless of which you choose, pick only one place to manage, not both as they can conflict.

Next item.  You cannot install any of the utilities stand alone, you must install App Center first, then choose which utilities you want to run.  Easy Tune, SIV, RGB Fusion, etc.

That is most helpful thanks.

I will stick to controlling the fans by the BIOS, that seems a good place to start.
I installed the utility but not realising that I needed the App Centre, it didn't appear to make that obvious when I downloaded the utility from the motherboards website. That explains why it does not work as a standalone application.

What I have noticed is that my previous Asus Sabertooth Z170 when using my Aorus 1080Ti GPU fits well. What I mean is that the retaining latch at the back of the slot where it locates can still be accessible with the card in that slot.

With this Master motherboard the retaining claps for the slots do not stand as high. Perhaps it is that and the combination of the card but trying to release that clasp is nigh on impossible as it doesn't stand proud of the top or the bottom of the card, for access.

I needed to do that as I then removed my NVME drive from the top slot, not realising that it compromises the last two SATA ports. On the Z170 board all ports were available.

I might create another thread as I have noticed by turning of the full screen logo I get three small loops where it displays half the AMI logo each time before then booting fine into Windows 10. Strange fort sure. Reset the CMOS and flashed to the latest F9. Still does that.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 09:32:29 am by vimes »

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 04:57:54 am »
Greetings,
You are probably aware the chipset architecture and CPU is what dictates available resources.  The Asus Z390 based boards function in a similar manner.  Some of the SATA slots become disabled when M.2 drives are used. 

On your board, the M2P slot allows all SATA Connectors to function, but the PCIe x4 slot will operate at x2 if the M2P slot is populated. 

Can't really help with the release lever on the PCIe slots.  They are pretty standard across all manufacturers.  I haven't looked at any Asus boards recently, so I don't have a basis for comparison.

Regarding boot loop x3 issue when you disable Full Screen Logo.  Do you have Fast Boot or Ultra Fast Boot enabled?  If so, disable and retest.   What brand / model memory are you running?  Is it on the QVL for your board? 

The BIOS should work fine for fan profiles.         
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 05:00:41 am by shadowsports »
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

vimes

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 06:57:14 am »

Thanks.

This was the problem with the boot loop....

https://youtu.be/gGhd1HXAGaA

however I seemed to have resolved it. I hadn't noticed that the BIOS switch was in the backup BIOS position, not sure why that should matter though.
Placing in the default position for the main BIOS and all is well with the boot.

The above picture shows the left switch in the correct position for the main BIOS, it was in the other position when the board was running.

The retaining latch issue seems relative for this board and possibly GPU combination when using my Cryorig R1 Ultimate cooler. With the Asus board the clearance was greater between the side of the cooler when in position and the retaining latch when the GPU was also in position. Looking at the Asus board that latch also seems taller.
It is what it is though.

A side benefit of this board and the available ports to connect my SATA drives to, when using a NVME drive, is that I have now addressed just how many drives that I had within my PC. It was long overdue and needed to be sorted.